GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

for rob...'driving dirty!' :)

jjm51

Ready to race!
rob;

really enjoy your comments here on cleaning, etc. actually throughout the forum. i'm a middle-aged guy like you. i can relate to a lot of your comments.

i think i told that my car has never been detailed. washed 3 times only (i think) when taken to the dealer for service. i am at the 37 month mark...extended my lease until the darn mk7 gti gets here.

i took some quick photos to show you what 'driving dirty' looks like here in sunny LA. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 972
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,017
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,001

DW58

Go Kart Champion
John - It's your car to do with whatever you see fit. By British/European standards that car is clean, cleaner than mine is at present and and mine was only washed a week ago.

Honestly, you'd never be able to keep a white Golf looking like that for long under our conditions yet many here share your views. A neighbour of mine has a 2012 Mk6 GTD that hasn't seen any water other than that which falls from the sky since the day it left the showroom - it looks like sh!t both inside and out but he doesn't care despite the crap on the tailgate being millimetres thick.

Your car, your choice :cool:

Oh BTW - nice alloys, but I don't recognise them, perhaps not sold here assuming that they are Volkswagen OEM.

jjm51

Ready to race!
yeah. i agree with you.

i think if i lived somewhere else i would not be so 'lazy' about car washing. i know in greece where i have a small place, the cars are thrashed.

believe it, or not, i am extremely anal about my house! now that gets cleaned way too much. friends and family always give me grief about that. i live alone, so the house (and the car) don't get much traffic. i still bring in maids quarterly to make it basically sterile. i guess i am into 'detailing' my house more than my car. lol

anyway, just wanted to show you. and! thanks for making me laugh on some of your posts. i appreciate that.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
You're welcome John and thanks for sharing the photos.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
We had maybe half a dozen days like that last Summer :(

jjm51

Ready to race!
ireland...

The weather in this pic is depressing. So sunny :(

never been to belfast, but i have been to 'your' island. :D

might be sunnier here, but you guys have way better beer and the people were about the nicest i have met any place i have travelled. also the smell of burning peat and how amazingly green everything was is still etched into my mind.

yeah, 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' lol look at my grass; i just spent a bunch of money to put in a watering system. also, i am slowly redoing the ouside landscaping due to lack of water...notice how little greenery there is in the pics right now.

it did rain last night! yay!

i have bicycled toured two counties; greece and ireland. i only got up to sligo. but, went around the republic. this was 86. people were telling me not to go to belfast, which i regret now. i think it rained everyday the summer of 86.

anyway, i have great memories of ireland.

ps plus, you guys 'produced' maureen o'hara...very good indeed.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Water is something we Brits (and Irish) certainly ain't short of, and this winter more than ever. Not so bad up here in darkest Jockistan, but England is pretty well afloat at present, especially the South West. Volkswagen could do with launching an amphibious Golf for them.

christof

Passed Driver's Ed
never been to belfast, but i have been to 'your' island. :D

might be sunnier here, but you guys have way better beer and the people were about the nicest i have met any place i have travelled. also the smell of burning peat and how amazingly green everything was is still etched into my mind.

yeah, 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' lol look at my grass; i just spent a bunch of money to put in a watering system. also, i am slowly redoing the ouside landscaping due to lack of water...notice how little greenery there is in the pics right now.

it did rain last night! yay!

i have bicycled toured two counties; greece and ireland. i only got up to sligo. but, went around the republic. this was 86. people were telling me not to go to belfast, which i regret now. i think it rained everyday the summer of 86.

anyway, i have great memories of ireland.

ps plus, you guys 'produced' maureen o'hara...very good indeed.

As you said mate the grass is always greener lol.

What stopped you visiting Belfast? The troubles?

The country North and South have produced some nice things and some not so nice, but George Best came from Belfast so I'm happy enough with that lol.

christof

Passed Driver's Ed
Water is something we Brits (and Irish) certainly ain't short of, and this winter more than ever. Not so bad up here in darkest Jockistan, but England is pretty well afloat at present, especially the South West. Volkswagen could do with launching an amphibious Golf for them.

I'm sure Germany have a couple of U-Boats left over that Vw could put there name to. Lol

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I was in a German U-boat last Spring in Germany, however it was very much on dry land. VW actually produced a amphibious car during WW2 which would have been well-suited to the current conditions in SW England, the VW Schwimmwagen

jjm51

Ready to race!
'Oh BTW - nice alloys, but I don't recognise them, perhaps not sold here assuming that they are Volkswagen OEM.'

rob, just saw this.

yes they are vw oem's. called karthoums. 18 x 7.5. was gonna go with anthracite color, but thought it was too flashy. i'm pretty conservative.

i plan on getting anthracite wheels though (not too dark) for my next gti in oryx white. i think the two will go well together and it will not be too flashy. probably the motorsport one's if you have seen them. nice color and conservative yet racy looking.

thnx for the compliment. i always (generally) get classic 5 spoke rims. kinda stuck on them. lol

jjm51

Ready to race!
belfast

As you said mate the grass is always greener lol.

What stopped you visiting Belfast? The troubles?

The country North and South have produced some nice things and some not so nice, but George Best came from Belfast so I'm happy enough with that lol.

yup.

people were telling me to stay away from northern ireland...

can't be worse than south central LA during those years.

hopefully next time christof.

Last edited: