GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell Lighting Troubleshooting

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
i mean they shouldnt be that dark... just not as bright as when the doors are open

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, Just installed mine. Connected to pin 72 On Socket C and grounded it to the same ground as the park assist ground so the ground must be good but it still doesnt work, i connected the light to the trunk connector and light worked so its not the lights.but i get a fault code - LED bar no signal. why is that? im pretty sure its an electrical issue but everything is wired properly

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hey, Just installed mine. Connected to pin 72 On Socket C and grounded it to the same ground as the park assist ground so the ground must be good but it still doesnt work, i connected the light to the trunk connector and light worked so its not the lights.but i get a fault code - LED bar no signal. why is that? im pretty sure its an electrical issue but everything is wired properly

To get rid of the LED bar error I had to untick ambient lighting, because it's not what you think it is.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
To get rid of the LED bar error I had to untick ambient lighting, because it's not what you think it is.

i didnt enable it. i enabled footwell light on the bcm and added it to the car menu in adaptations

does the no signal error mean the wiring is not good?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, then clear the DTC. It's pretty counter intuitive, but it works.
i will try that right now, but ks the xoding i used good? i found a great build of a guy on this forum and he said to code like this-

Here was the coding I added:

Channel
(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-
Lasttyp 30////Not active///36 - LED Kleinleistung
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30///0///2
Lichtfunktion A 30///not active///Footwell light
Dimmwert AB 30///0///100

Second Part:
Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Go to
(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung
Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’
(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system)

but the only thing i couldnt find is this

i couldnt find footwell light in the list. maybe its in german?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
i will try that right now, but ks the xoding i used good? i found a great build of a guy on this forum and he said to code like this-

Here was the coding I added:

Channel
(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-
Lasttyp 30////Not active///36 - LED Kleinleistung
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30///0///2
Dimmwert AB 30///0///100

Second Part:
Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Go to
(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung
Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’
(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system)

but the only thing i couldnt find is this

i couldnt find footwell light in the list. maybe its in german?

If it works, then yeah.

I followed this, but ignore the long coding as it causes errors and doesn't need to be done: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/306451-retro-fit-footwell-lights-octy-iii/?page=2

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
If it works, then yeah.

I followed this, but ignore the long coding as it causes errors and doesn't need to be done: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/306451-retro-fit-footwell-lights-octy-iii/?page=2
ok it worked, thank you! in the a30 you need to choose Fussraumlicht which means footwell light in german. that fixed it for me.

but why i cant control the brightness from the menu? when i change it even to off the brightness stays the same

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
ok it worked, thank you! in the a30 you need to choose Fussraumlicht which means footwell light in german. that fixed it for me.

but why i cant control the brightness from the menu? when i change it even to off the brightness stays the same

Have you fully rebooted the MIB system? Press and hold the power button until it resets.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Are your doors all closed? Remember, it'll go up to 100% brightness if they are, regardless of what you select in the settings.

No, the driver side was open when i tried. The AB30 value is 100 which is the brightness but i dont want to change the brightness in obdeleven iwant to change it staright from the cars menu