GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FMIC worth it?

Omax Vaar

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
I tried looking through google and what not but Im just met with sell ads and people trying to get you to buy their intercoolers. Im looking at getting the "stage 3" tune from apr, but the FMICs look the best. I just want to know if me getting a good one would be okay for the tune. Im not looking to push it for track. It is a daily that I will take across texas from time to time. Sooooooooooo west texas is where i will be putting it to use. Thank you for any advice.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I’m Happy with my ecs fmic

3BFE71EA-B506-406A-85C1-2597A22FB349.jpeg
4A9211F8-3994-4083-9DA2-D76003A7AEF6.jpeg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If you're going to get apr stage 3, just go with their offering.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I've yet to see an FMIC that flows as well as APRs stock location unit.

You have more volume and surface area with a direct fit... and with an EFR7163 you're going to move a lot of air. IMO the whole FMIC look is very civic/srt 4, but that's personal preference.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
the apr intercooler in the stock location is best.

that being said I had neuspeed is38 FMIC and made 460whp through it with a very very mild hybrid turbo so if you're doing the install work yourself the fmic is way easier to install

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
ANY aftermarket intercooler upgrade is significant and 100% “worth it”.

Your purchase should be based on budget (including installation) and what kind of quality/Fitment you’ll be happy with.

There’s tons of 450+ whp cars out there with basically every intercooler imaginable (including FMIC). I think people are hung up on the OP’s APR Stage 3 statement, which likely was meant to be is38 (the APR Stage 3 EFR kit has long since been discontinued quietly).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
another FMIC thread....