GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flywheel / trans mount problem

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
They said in my old one, there was swarf in oil, so the box was replaced, just like in your case. Yeah, the issues I am describing are about the new box. I don't get any clunk, but the downshifts are often not very smooth.

If your gearbox is out, def tell them to check the flywheel, if it's faulty it's easy to replace it now.
i rang them today to ask about the flywheel and they never called me back

wsd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
Picked car up today and guess what, the issue I took it in for is still there and the vibration is still there, I am livid. They claim to have checked the flywheel but I don’t think they have, if the gearbox is new it’s likely the diff is also new
Interesting, maybe an independent shop will be better for this kind of job. I’ve been driving with this issue for like 20k km and it’s not getting worse, so I am not sure at this point.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, maybe an independent shop will be better for this kind of job. I’ve been driving with this issue for like 20k km and it’s not getting worse, so I am not sure at this point.
I was starting to think the vibration could be the exhaust but you have a golf and I have a Leon with both the same issue so kinda rules it out

wsd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
I was starting to think the vibration could be the exhaust but you have a golf and I have a Leon with both the same issue so kinda rules it out
Actually, the VW tech that I talked to mentioned it could be the exhaust or like heat shield. Interesting

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually, the VW tech that I talked to mentioned it could be the exhaust or like heat shield. Interesting
If I rev the car in neutral and then go to the back the exhaust doesn’t feel like it’s rattling but does actually sound like it is, it’s strange, maybe that specific rpm range has some sort of resonance, but why only when driving does it do it, very very strange.

wsd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
If I rev the car in neutral and then go to the back the exhaust doesn’t feel like it’s rattling but does actually sound like it is, it’s strange, maybe that specific rpm range has some sort of resonance, but why only when driving does it do it, very very strange.
On the other hand, I was talking to a guy who had the same symptoms in his GTI TCR and after flywheel replacement, the problem was solved. So idk haha

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
On the other hand, I was talking to a guy who had the same symptoms in his GTI TCR and after flywheel replacement, the problem was solved. So idk haha
You know your vibration does it have a deep bass too it? Mines quite a deep vibration noise

Alex from aks tuning has just told me the vibration around 3k is a common thing on the dq381 which I find odd.

wsd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
You know your vibration does it have a deep bass too it? Mines quite a deep vibration noise

Alex from aks tuning has just told me the vibration around 3k is a common thing on the dq381 which I find odd.
I don’t think mine is audible. I just feel it on the steering wheel, nothing besides that.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
I will update you tomorrow when the tech has looked at it again, I’m going to reproduce the vibration and ask to test drive either a 7.5 golf r or mk8 golf r as I want to see if I can reproduce the chatter I get when it engages first gear from second and reverse (whole reason it went in for)
I don’t think mine is audible. I just feel it on the steering wheel, nothing besides that.

wsd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
I will update you tomorrow when the tech has looked at it again, I’m going to reproduce the vibration and ask to test drive either a 7.5 golf r or mk8 golf r as I want to see if I can reproduce the chatter I get when it engages first gear from second and reverse (whole reason it went in for)
Let me know how it goes. I am going for a DSG oil change next Friday (the new box has 30k km already) and will see if it changes anything.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Highly doubt it mate as I say, I have a new gearbox and still get the vibration, but maybe our symptoms although the same might have a different outcome.
Let me know how it goes. I am going for a DSG oil change next Friday (the new box has 30k km already) and will see if it changes anything.