GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flywheel lock and rms install tools

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Clutch started with the slippy slip today at almost exactly 50k miles. 10k of stage 1 and 3 weeks at stage 2.

Ordered all the major parts already, now I'm down to the misc stuff.

I'm doing the iabed rms while in there.

For flywheel locking and rms install, are these what I need? Anyone use them or anything different?

Rms guide tool
Flywheel lock tool

Jimdog

Passed Driver's Ed
You will need a set of triplesquares. I didnt use the RMS guide tool and havent had any issues. I do wish i had the flywheel lock though. A lot of the hardware is single use only. I could list it all but I'd need to be looking at the service manual.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
You will need a set of triplesquares. I didnt use the RMS guide tool and havent had any issues. I do wish i had the flywheel lock though. A lot of the hardware is single use only. I could list it all but I'd need to be looking at the service manual.

No need. Just wanted to know about those two specific tools. Thx.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yes these are the right tools. No don't buy them from ECS. I was going to buy hardware for dogbone and transmount and ECS had it at $60 and I got them from my dealership for $15. So your pick.

I also didn't use the flywheel tool. I had a microfiber on a screwdriver and jammed that between the subframe and the flywheel and although it slipped a few times it worked fine. When installing I jammed it between the floor and a 2x4 for added height and worked fine as well. No damage to teeth especially with the microfiber.

For the rear main seal I didn't use the tool. But honestly just get it for piece of mind. I used two 2x4s on both sides of the seal and hammered accordingly to let it seat evenly. I also used a pick or o-ring puller to make sure that inner lip was seated right and not folding up. Don't forget RTV silicone gasket maker and to clean off the surface best you can. I didn't get mine spotless but seems like it went fine (knock on wood).