Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Please put me down for 1!

king12sky

Ready to race!
Do they come with an ARP Bolt option? Would be great if it's included for people who are interested I assume.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Do they come with an ARP Bolt option? Would be great if it's included for people who are interested I assume.

Yup, +$80 for the ARP bolt.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a good DYI for this? I have the damper, new bolt and tool but just don't feel confident enough that the shaft will stay at its dead point and how much room for error there is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
There is another special tool you need which inserts into the bolt hole and holds the timing sprocket in place. It's fairly expensive but screwing this up can lunch your engine (valve meet piston). This happened from time to time on the Gen 2 engine, which is why VW created the second tool, enough techs cost them engine rebuilds.

That being said, I've done successful installs with and without this tool, by just using the counter-hold bar, but it's a risk.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...rankshaft-pulley-removal-tool-set/t10531~oev/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
My buddy just had one done on his MK6 at HS Tuning, the crankshaft gear nose was damaged during install and he jumped timing a tooth.

11/10 would avoid this mod, so much stuff can go sideways. HS had his car for a week redoing the timing chain, guides, and a new crankshaft gear.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I'd like to go down for a Fluidampr for my 04 R32 if possible.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote from Issam:

R32 would be $332.96
These prices do not include shipping

To gnar: lol...a legit shop fucked up that much changing a crank pulley? Not going to scare me.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
There is another special tool you need which inserts into the bolt hole and holds the timing sprocket in place. It's fairly expensive but screwing this up can lunch your engine (valve meet piston). This happened from time to time on the Gen 2 engine, which is why VW created the second tool, enough techs cost them engine rebuilds.

That being said, I've done successful installs with and without this tool, by just using the counter-hold bar, but it's a risk.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...rankshaft-pulley-removal-tool-set/t10531~oev/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Yeah i saw that other tool in the service manual but was holding out for more info. Did want to drop more money in something I'm probably going to end up paying to get installed. Clutch chatter got a little better after swapping to redline MT90 trans fluid. Just sucks because i had lost confidence in doing the install somewhere after buying the part on sale and before ending the research on how to install

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.