GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flip Rear View Mirror Upside Down

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Has anyone tried this? I can't be the only one who thinks it should've been the other way from the factory. I tried rotating it but can't seem to get it to an angle where you can flip it without taking it off. I feel like the light sensor would be fine flipped to the other side.

tax guy

Passed Driver's Ed
The long part of the mirror is on top. For a tall guy like me, that is preferable to having the short part on top, because I'd rather see more of the road than the passenger cabin. There is not much difference, so it might be a personal preference that in the end, depends on which you prefer.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The long part of the mirror is on top. For a tall guy like me, that is preferable to having the short part on top, because I'd rather see more of the road than the passenger cabin. There is not much difference, so it might be a personal preference that in the end, depends on which you prefer.

The only reason it seems off for me is because if flipped upside down, it would match the frame of the rear window. Visibility is not an issue for me, more of an OCD thing I have to admit.

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had my mirror off to replace it with the HomeLlink version, as far as any sensor concern I can tell you the one on the face of the mirror is on the opposite side of the HomeLink vsersion so I dont think that would be an issue.

Attachments

• sensorimg.jpg
    sensorimg.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 419

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I have had my mirror off to replace it with the HomeLlink version, as far as any sensor concern I can tell you the one on the face of the mirror is on the opposite side of the HomeLink vsersion so I dont think that would be an issue.

Curious that they would even change that, I guess to include room for the garage buttons/internals. Do you happen to still have your stock mirror? I'm just curious if its even possible to rotate it 180* while still mounted. I will look to mess around with this over the weekend.