GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2020

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So was showing my daughter my Secret Santa stuff and conversation went like this

Her : that's cool. Do you know these guys
Me : no. At least not personally.
Her : so how did they know what you'd like
Me : don't really know. Maybe it's birds of a feather kind of thing
Her : so what did you give
Me : a dogbone insert
Her : (surprised look) if you don't know them, how'd you know he has a dog
Me :
1610664399217.png

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Is there a support group for people that never received their Secret Santa gift?

If not, I'd like to welcome everyone to the inaugural first meeting of...
The support group is officially shuttered! Thank you so much for the cool stuff!!! That neoprene bag is just BEGGING to be a lil 6 pack cooler.

Attachments

• E453B2DB-D626-4EB8-BD01-6F88C025EC65.jpeg
    E453B2DB-D626-4EB8-BD01-6F88C025EC65.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 96

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Idea for the next go around, when we post that we are interested, include next to our name a dollar amount range for example $10-25,$25-50,$50-100, that way we get paired up with people sending a similar amount. Didn't see it as a huge issue in this group, but one of the air-cooled groups I belong to some of us spent $200 plus on cool engine stuff and got $10 VW coasters in return. The above is what we are doing on that page next Christmas. Just a thought.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Idea for the next go around, when we post that we are interested, include next to our name a dollar amount range for example $10-25,$25-50,$50-100, that way we get paired up with people sending a similar amount. Didn't see it as a huge issue in this group, but one of the air-cooled groups I belong to some of us spent $200 plus on cool engine stuff and got $10 VW coasters in return. The above is what we are doing on that page next Christmas. Just a thought.
Christmas is for giving.
Understand the suggestion but most people do not sign up to receive. I give more but do not expect same back. But the group might like the suggestion.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I agree with that sentiment. Its not a bad idea but I kinda love not knowing if I'm going to get some stickers or a downpipe lol regardless of how much I spent on others

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

Yeah, always a drag when the peasants want to participate.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
From the first post:
3. You will send a small flat rate USPS box with the contents of your choosing to that address. People have asked if they can use a larger box, that's entirely up to you.

I would assume this is to ensure most everyone can participate, and to take into account people have others they spend money on during Christmas. $200 minimum would ruin this is my opinion. I would just keep a list of the people who never sent anything, and they would be banned from ever participating again.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
From the first post:
3. You will send a small flat rate USPS box with the contents of your choosing to that address. People have asked if they can use a larger box, that's entirely up to you.

I would assume this is to ensure most everyone can participate, and to take into account people have others they spend money on during Christmas. $200 minimum would ruin this is my opinion. I would just keep a list of the people who never sent anything, and they would be banned from ever participating again.

Pretty much, yes. The other part is that it's a little bit of a challenge for the Santa... What can you come up with that will fit in there? But, like it says; people have asked if they can use bigger boxes and I don't intend to become the box police. The entry fee is the flat-rate of what... $9 now? Anything over that is up to you.

As far as a naughty list goes... if you sent something but suspect it may have been lost in the mail as your recipient never posted, you might consider reaching out to them to check if they just forgot to do so. The naughty list relies on recipients posting their pictures to stay accurate.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As far as a naughty list goes... if you sent something but suspect it may have been lost in the mail as your recipient never posted, you might consider reaching out to them to check if they just forgot to do so. The naughty list relies on recipients posting their pictures to stay accurate.

Is that something you keep track of? My recipient never posted his gift (it did get stuck in the mail for a bit, but was finally delivered), which doesn't really bother me, but I'd hate to be put on a naughty list just because they didn't post up.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Is that something you keep track of? My recipient never posted his gift (it did get stuck in the mail for a bit, but was finally delivered), which doesn't really bother me, but I'd hate to be put on a naughty list just because they didn't post up.

Recipient posts, yes. Mainly so I can see at a glance who hasn't posted so I can reach out to them if necessary. Naughty list is a bit tongue-in-cheek.