GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2020

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Pretty much, yes. The other part is that it's a little bit of a challenge for the Santa... What can you come up with that will fit in there? But, like it says; people have asked if they can use bigger boxes and I don't intend to become the box police. The entry fee is the flat-rate of what... $9 now? Anything over that is up to you.

As far as a naughty list goes... if you sent something but suspect it may have been lost in the mail as your recipient never posted, you might consider reaching out to them to check if they just forgot to do so. The naughty list relies on recipients posting their pictures to stay accurate.
They can get lost, stolen etc.
Last year I had Mrs Dutch and first gift was destroyed as part of package found but contents not. So I repurchased and sent again. Let’s keep this simple as Dutch does this for free. Exchange names and hope for the best. Give what you want. Be happy with what you get. It is a giving time of year. Not a getting time.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
From the first post:
3. You will send a small flat rate USPS box with the contents of your choosing to that address. People have asked if they can use a larger box, that's entirely up to you.

I would assume this is to ensure most everyone can participate, and to take into account people have others they spend money on during Christmas. $200 minimum would ruin this is my opinion. I would just keep a list of the people who never sent anything, and they would be banned from ever participating again.
Ban, Ban, Ban.
One would think you are the moderator.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Reading what you have all responded, I can completely agree with the viewpoint. The air-cooled group I belong to is full of 356 guys; I'm the poor guy in the beetle lol. Most of them are humble, but some are very snobby and fork out the big bucks. I sent out a gear knob with 1,2,3, and fourth replaced with "still slow" to a 356 guy and he actually installed and absolutely loves it. Same dude in that group sent out a vintage speed exhaust ( like a $1100 retail) and was completely happy with what I had sent. I got a very cool bumper mount fog light as I had showed interest in those awhile back and my Santa was a dang good detective. Others in the group draggggged me though the dirt for sending out a "peasant" priced item. That said, that's why they are doing 2 separate Santa groups next year, one sub $50 and the other as an "unlimited" class. Some of these dudes send out crazy priced stuff. I completely understand that this group is way more down to earth and most of us cant go wild as we have our own family and such.

I really love what I got and that little tool kit has already got a good amount of use and stays in the GTI at all times. Thanks Dutch. I also feel like the entire group sent out good stuff and I think we all enjoyed our take.

That suggestion was simply that; A suggestion. Didn't mean to get you all excited.