GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flashing Back To Stock Question? (EQT/Unitronic related)

sheldon902

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
History:

2020: bought a 2017 GTI tuned with Unitronic Stage 1(ECU only)(didnt know it was tuned when I bought it)
December 2021: had it tuned with EQT Stage 1 ECU/TCU

August 2022: had to replace my transmission :\

September 2022: trying to decide what to do next. Before having the trans replaced, I flashed the TCU back to stock and that went well.

My question now is, if I decide to flash the ECU back to stock using the stock or "0" file on the AP, will it flash back to the Unitronic tune or will it go back to original factory settings?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

sheldon902

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
Decided to email EQT and I got this response is no time at all...

"I have a hopefully quick question. I had purchased an Accessport and tune(ECU/TCU) by you guys from a reseller in December and it installed and worked great with zero issues. However, I just had to have a new DSG transmission installed. Prior to having your software installed my car was already flashed with a unitronic tune for the ECU only. the car was purchased used with the tune already installed(unknown to me at the time of purchase but, i knew before the EQT software.

My question is, if i wanted to flash back to stock would the "stock 0" file be the unitronic file or would it override that back to the actual factory programming? just trying to gain a little insight. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you "

Response:

To flash back to fully stock you need to "divorce" or "uninstall" the AccessPort which should revert it back to a stock calibration.

-Dave

-- EQT Customer Support