GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
Only problem OEM install BCM Unleash that I can wire it

I'm sorry, i didn't understand this part, could you explain what you mean?

Coding can be done by VCDS, but it would take you a very long time to put every code in, using odis you need to input 1 short code and the computer selects the best settings for your car

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sorry, i didn't understand this part, could you explain what you mean?

Coding can be done by VCDS, but it would take you a very long time to put every code in, using odis you need to input 1 short code and the computer selects the best settings for your car

I never approached the BCM, how to get to it

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
I never approached the BCM, how to get to it
It is not complicated job. I have done this mod twice already. In both of my cars I have routed extra harness from BCM to taillights and it took me not more than 8 hours first time and around 3 hours second time.
8 hours for the first time not to break plastic trims that needed to be removed.
It only looks scary but it is straight forward job if you have basic skills. By basic I mean screwdriver operation and patience.
I have never bothered with cheap work. I like to have everything factory way if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rick86

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a question about bi-color leds and the fog lights. Question is not related with inner signal leds.

When we bridge the pin1 and pin4 is it enough to light up the bi color leds and fog lights ? Because we bridged the pins like this and fog is not working. As far as I understand from your guide you wired a new cable side to side for only inner signals and did not do additional operation for bi-color leds and fog.

Has this been resolved? I too want to know if bridging pin 1+4 is enough to get the fog light working?

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
Has this been resolved? I too want to know if bridging pin 1+4 is enough to get the fog light working?

Bridging pin 1 and 4 will make the bicolor led work (the red color, yellow works with blinker without mod)

This has nothing to do with foglight? Foglight is pin5

Grtz

Setam

Greetings from Romania ! :)

First of all, I want to thank to all of you for the info in this great topic. Tomorrow I am planning on installing a pair of second hand golf R tail lights that I bought for a really good price and also doing the sequential turn signal. I think Zed's DIY looks really easy and turned out to be a heck lot cheaper than buying an adapter.
(link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c8jCZzVvGU&t=631s)

Before I start doing this, I still have a few questions for you guys if you don't mind helping confused newbie.

1. First question is about the outer tail light connector. I am having trouble finding the flexible clip that releases the black connector from the white/grey one. I will attach a photo of the connector so that you could point out where is the release tab.

2. Regarding the black connector on the outer tail light, opening the connector is it as easy as prying open the black tab holding the pins with just a flat screwdriver ? or are there any other tricks that I may have missed ?

These questions may sound stupid but I am really afraid of breaking any tabs or connectors.
And finally:

3. Has everyone used pins to connect the turn signal cable in the inner tail light connector ? Or are there any other options connecting this cable without them ? They are a bit hard to find here in Bucharest and also a bit too expensive.

That being said, thank you for taking your time to read all this.

Attachments

• 20181008_225018.jpg
    20181008_225018.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 20181008_225120.jpg
    20181008_225120.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 431

edutwo

Car(s)
Golf 7 TSI DSG 2013
¡¡¡SÍ!!! Enviaré fotos mañana. ¡Voy a hacer una guía paso a paso!:)

¡Todo funciona como un sueño para mí! :)
hello, greetings from Spain! Thank you very much for the guide, this encouraged me to buy the original factory led lights for my golf tsi with halogens.

I just want to confirm if this guide is valid for European LHD cars and OEM lights.

Finally, I would like to know if this is the cable I need (the links published in 2014 no longer work). A million thanks!

https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswag...d-taillights-for-vw-golf-7-39891?number=39891