GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed LHD lights, with fog on wrong side..?

that was indeed the case..
worst thing is, the seller assured figgy they were RHD..
and now because he used mk7norway's way to modify the lights, they won't take them back..
he will now modify his wiring to make the left fog functional, hoping it will pass MOT-test...

gianry

Ready to race!
@sigi_dr : beautiful job
could you explain me why some others doesn't use other cables except to link inner and external lights for turning leds ?

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
@sigi_dr : beautiful job
could you explain me why some others doesn't use other cables except to link inner and external lights for turning leds ?

As explained before, the method i described is how LED-lights are wired when you order a golf with LED's from the factory...
While the other method is a 'quick-fix' to get all lights working...

Is my method better? i don't know; why is VW's method more complicated? i don't know, it's just the way it is...

What's the difference? not much, it's just a lot more work, but here are 3 differences:
- with my method you can configure each lightbulb seperate in VCDS, which give's you the ability to code alternating turn signals.
- it's a little easier to find coding options on the internet..
- the car knows you have LED's, with the other method it still thinks you have halogen (it's like telling a blind guy he's wearing white shoe's while they are actually black, you lie, but he will still be able to walk on them...)

Grtz

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys,

I have installed the tail lights with the adapter harness and follow coding provided from BEC Autoparts thread (http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12820) everthing works perfectly but the "check rear left turn signal" and "check rear right turn signal" faults wont go away. please help

here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgZ5Qnpk16w

I assume you also bought the harness from BEC Autoparts, right?
If so, why don't you ask them for support? you payed for it...

Anyways: Could you go check if your blinkers actually work ? (get out of the car and stand behind it)

Grtz

Bozu

hi sigi_dr,
no, i didnt buy from them but the harness is the same and their coding works and yes my blinkers (amber turn signal) work normally. the only problem is that the fault ("check rear left turn signal" and "check rear right turn signal") still there.
from your guide, will this coding fix my problem?
(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 37 - allgemeine LED bis 12W
(4)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 Blinken links Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmw ert AB 16 100
(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 37 - allgemeine LED bis 12W
(4)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmw ert AB 17 100
(1)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(4)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lichtfunktion A 18 Blinken links Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmw ert AB 18 100
(1)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(4)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lichtfunktion A 19 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmw ert AB 19 100

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
hi sigi_dr,
no, i didnt buy from them but the harness is the same and their coding works and yes my blinkers (amber turn signal) work normally. the only problem is that the fault ("check rear left turn signal" and "check rear right turn signal") still there.
from your guide, will this coding fix my problem?
(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 37 - allgemeine LED bis 12W
(4)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 Blinken links Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmw ert AB 16 100
(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 37 - allgemeine LED bis 12W
(4)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmw ert AB 17 100
(1)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(4)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lichtfunktion A 18 Blinken links Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmw ert AB 18 100
(1)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19 38 - LED Blinkleuchten
(4)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lichtfunktion A 19 Blinken rechts Hellphase
(6)-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmw ert AB 19 100

rule number 1: never use coding without knowing what it is for!
rule number 2: research! know what you are doing BEFORE you do it!

what were you thinking??

you used some wiring harness (i still don't know which one?) and you applied some random coding you found on the internet ??

your profile says indonesia, as far as i know you have normal halogen lights, not the US model right? (you already had amber turn signals)
Non-US golf's only need coding if you use VW's wiring method (the one i described)

plus i think BEC Automotive's harness if for american models, so using there coding is guaranteed to fail on a RoW model...

Bozu

oh well,
rule number 1: i did check whats the coding are for and apply it carefully 1 by 1
rule number 2: research, yeah of coz i even translated the coding to english to understand it better.

what am i thinking? i just wanted my tail lights to work coz the shop i bought it give no support! i emailed the so many times but they dont reply

anyway, thanx for your time

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
oh well,
rule number 1: i did check whats the coding are for and apply it carefully 1 by 1
rule number 2: research, yeah of coz i even translated the coding to english to understand it better.

what am i thinking? i just wanted my tail lights to work coz the shop i bought it give no support! i emailed the so many times but they dont reply

anyway, thanx for your time

I don't think you get my point..
You used coding for a harness other than yours, i've looked at 3 brands who make harness for US cars while i was helping some guys, all 3 were different and had different coding!

By research i mean, learn about YOUR car, is it NAR or RoW?
I think it's RoW while the coding you used is probably for NAR harnesses...

I want to help you, but you need to tell me what you did here..

Grtz

Bozu

I don't think you get my point..
You used coding for a harness other than yours, i've looked at 3 brands who make harness for US cars while i was helping some guys, all 3 were different and had different coding!

By research i mean, learn about YOUR car, is it NAR or RoW?
I think it's RoW while the coding you used is probably for NAR harnesses...

I want to help you, but you need to tell me what you did here..

Grtz

sorry... i dont even know whats NAR or RoW (Rest of World) means i did google it right after i read your reply. all i know about my golf is 2013 1.4TSI 140PS and bought the tail lights and harness from this site
http://jku.com.au/volkswagen-golf-7-led-taillights-retrofit-kit-vw-r-oem-5g1052200.htm
and follow BEC autoparts coding. thats all i did

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry... i dont even know whats NAR or RoW (Rest of World) means i did google it right after i read your reply. all i know about my golf is 2013 1.4TSI 140PS and bought the tail lights and harness from this site
http://jku.com.au/volkswagen-golf-7-led-taillights-retrofit-kit-vw-r-oem-5g1052200.htm
and follow BEC autoparts coding. thats all i did

i checked the link you gave but there is not much info of the harness itself..

but the difference is easy, do you have an amber blinker on your original rear lights? then you have a RoW...
on NAR models, the place of this blinker is just a red reflector...

RoW: http://www.new.volkswagen.be/content/medialib/vwd4/global/mom/golf_7/content/gl3727_golf_gallery/_jcr_content/renditions/item.960.455.file/gl4120_golf_gallery.jpg

NAR: http://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/modelImages/GTI/2016_Gallery/GTI-16-0174-Autobahn-Dig-3000x1948.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original.jpeg

Grtz

Bozu

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
my golf is RoW

then i suggest you undo all the coding that you did, restore it to how it was (check your VCDS coding log to find the original values)

one small question: the harness you used, how many wires did you have to route from outside to inside?
on RoW harness there is only 1, for the blinker (well, 1 left and 1 right)
(US harnasses mostly will need 2 wires on each side, so 4 in total)

Grtz

Bozu

then i suggest you undo all the coding that you did, restore it to how it was (check your VCDS coding log to find the original values)

one small question: the harness you used, how many wires did you have to route from outside to inside?
on RoW harness there is only 1, for the blinker (well, 1 left and 1 right)
(US harnasses mostly will need 2 wires on each side, so 4 in total)

Grtz

damn.... my notebook just broke...i'm so f***ed up now. i think im going to bring my car to vw workshop and ask them to revert the coding back to default (factory setting) and i hope they can do it.....

yes only 1 wire to route from outside to inside (outside to pin no.3 and inside to pin no.1)

once again, thank you very much for your time helping me