GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

whitegti7

Hey all,

My first post here. I have also retrofitted the LED tail lights to my Mk7, but just wondering if anyone here managed to get the the Red LED inside the turn the signal to lit up?

From the factory, it should be like a Full "C" (like the Black car), but mine is not (like the White car).

If there's any coding that needs to be done, would be great if someone here can share. Thanks a lot ! Cheers

*Pics are taken from another site as example.

Attachments

• IMG_3815_zps39c24c46.jpg
    IMG_3815_zps39c24c46.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 49,449
  • IMG_1739_zpsd1c8b267.jpg
    IMG_1739_zpsd1c8b267.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34,545

mk7norway

Ready to race!
Hey all,

My first post here. I have also retrofitted the LED tail lights to my Mk7, but just wondering if anyone here managed to get the the Red LED inside the turn the signal to lit up?

From the factory, it should be like a Full "C" (like the Black car), but mine is not (like the White car).

If there's any coding that needs to be done, would be great if someone here can share. Thanks a lot ! Cheers

*Pics are taken from another site as example.

Hey man!

Can you take a picture of your car please?

Where did you buy the led's`?

I am going to my dealer tomorrow and going to ask them then.. I will report back to you in about 16-20 hours! :)

Regards, Fredrik

whitegti7

I've left my cam and SD card at home (at work now), so I didn't have the pics with me. Will post later.

I didn't buy the lights from the VW dealers, they don't have it here. I got it through a parts shop instead.

That's great mate ! Keep us updated.

pherrygers

I've left my cam and SD card at home (at work now), so I didn't have the pics with me. Will post later.

I didn't buy the lights from the VW dealers, they don't have it here. I got it through a parts shop instead.

That's great mate ! Keep us updated.

Does your foglight work? and the inner indicator?
I would like to install them 2 but only if they work perfectly, not keen on recoding my car..

whitegti7

Everything works except for the Red LEDs inside the turn indicators.

For inner indicators to work, need to tap the wires as mentioned earlier in this post.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
What you will say is, that if you do not pull a cable from each lamp until the control unit (flasher) then they will not work? I do not understand what does work, and not? when the car is running...
What about the power? Is it not a higher voltage for LED lights versus the original? What kind of problems could this offer? Does the contact change the voltage transitions, so that it matches what is originally from the factory on the LED light? Sorry dumb question, but I do not quite understand.

Thanks so much for all the answers! :)

Tomkoz

Guys, I already changed tail light for LED in my Golf VII Highline.
I bought VW shop all original wire set for LED light to my Golf as well and I still have no inner indicator. By the way computer on my dashboard says: "right tail light is broken" but light is ok.
I think I need to re-code. Do you have some code??

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had mine fitted by VW dealership, no coding required (apart from led lights for licence plate). Wiring on the boot lid side is shown in the attached foto taken on the right side rear half (need to remove plastic cover to see it)

Attachments

• fo9to 2.jpg
    fo9to 2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 8,762
Last edited:

mk7norway

Ready to race!
I had mine fitted by VW dealership, no coding required (apart from led lights for licence plate). Wiring on the boot lid side is shown in the attached foto taken on the right side rear half (need to remove plastic cover to see it)

Thats awesome dude! Where did you buy the taillights? How much did you pay?
Can you add some photos to show How it turnend out??:)

Merry Christmas :)

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
400euro for parts from kunzmann.de (vat returned) 90 euros for fitting
Awesome looks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 9,003
Last edited:

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
And a close up of the wiring again... ( I think the extra cable for the indicator
is the yellow one!) taken from the right hand side inner half of the tail lights.
No coding required!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 8,966
Last edited:

mk7norway

Ready to race!
Thanks so much dude! This is priceless ! Hope that the car dose not take any damage of the changes.. How dose the eletronic respond?
Thanks so much for the pictures!! ��