GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the Golf R front bumper to GTD

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Is this possible without much modification? Anyone done it? I fitted a front splitter but think its gonna have to come off, it keeps catching on speed bumps / kerbs etc and is becoming a pain in the backside, it's already scuffed and will eventually probably get ripped off.

I still want to do something different to the front and a VW mechanic told me today that the R bumper should just bolt straight on, I've seen a few on eBay but don't want to waste any more money if it's not a straight swap.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure why you would want to make the car look blander at the front as the R is so understated? You lose the fog lights and their surrounds for a plain brake duct, also you lose the octagonal lower grill so you will need to change the upper grill to match.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Not sure why you would want to make the car look blander at the front as the R is so understated? You lose the fog lights and their surrounds for a plain brake duct, also you lose the octagonal lower grill so you will need to change the upper grill to match.

After looking more closely at both bumpers I agree, I like the bottom lip of the R bumper but overall I think I prefer the GTD bumper. Thanks for your advice, saved me a few hundred quid ��

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Just get a front lip for your bumper and you will be all set, and save a lot of money along the way.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I've already got a maxthon front splitter but think it'll have to come off as it's simply not practical for every day use.

The cars also been lowered so everytime I go over a big speed hump or need to bump a kerb to park up the splitter catches and scrapes, it's only been on two weeks but looks like its been on 2 years!