GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting a USB

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Here's my USB socket in my center console. I removed the 12V and put this in its place.

Wiring was stupid easy. No cutting, I just put some spade connectors on the wires and plugged it into the stock 12V plug.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Here's my USB socket in my center console. I removed the 12V and put this in its place.

Wiring was stupid easy. No cutting, I just put some spade connectors on the wires and plugged it into the stock 12V plug.

I've had that same one but with the red display in my glovebox for months now. Thanks for reminding me I even had it.

Cowboy

Car(s)
Golf mk7 tsi 1.4
Unfortunately not. Some come with MDI ports instead of USB.
Hello, I got the problem is my car seems doesn’t even have MDI port too, does any solution i can install or else. Thank you so much

Attachments

• 8E7B93CF-6FC5-4F85-B165-967B7D0F9D33.jpeg
    8E7B93CF-6FC5-4F85-B165-967B7D0F9D33.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 126

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like you have the base model stereo with the blanking plate. Without knowing the specifics, it could be as simple as adding the usb/aux in and wiring, or it could require a full infotainment unit replacement. We'd need more information about your setup.

Cowboy

Car(s)
Golf mk7 tsi 1.4
Looks like you have the base model stereo with the blanking plate. Without knowing the specifics, it could be as simple as adding the usb/aux in and wiring, or it could require a full infotainment unit replacement. We'd need more information about your setup.
That’s mean I have to get the full infotainment unit for replacement?? My current unit is very simple without any Bluetooth or phone function...wakakak

Attachments

• D5B92E3E-C4F7-4B30-B187-78980D20FCB2.jpeg
    D5B92E3E-C4F7-4B30-B187-78980D20FCB2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125

Cowboy

Car(s)
Golf mk7 tsi 1.4
That is very strange indeed. I didn’t even know you could one without any port or rubber mat
Perhaps I do the port, but i think it’s the Fake/empty box. The missing rubber mat is I tried to remove the centre compartment.