GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First GTI

Mr Buck

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the forum, looking to order the new MKVII sometime in the next month or so. I've been looking into my next car for the last 6 months now but I think subject to test drive I have my heart set on the newest GTI VW have on offer. I've actually moved down a peg considering the other options I had considered and already tested, which included the BMW M135i, Merc AMG A45 and Audi S3.

I've had a VW before, I owned a Lupo 1.4S when I was 18 and loved it as a first car, also I couldn't fault the quality VW offered in terms of reliability and build quality. Since then I have had a 57 Focus diesel and most recently a 60 plate Astra diesel. So its safe to say I'm looking forward to going back to a petrol.

In terms of options, colours etc for my GTI I've decided on a 3dr in classic white for the exterior, as I think it shows the red detailing on the front of the car well. I'm still undecided of whether to pay the extra and go for the 19'' wheels. It would be interesting to know if anyones tried them on a test drive or owns a GTI with them, as I'm keen to know how much firmer it makes the ride. Transmission has also got a question mark over it at present. Options I am considering are the Dynaudio upgrade, leather seats, performance pack (obviously) Adaptive Chasis, Keyless entry and possibly the climate windscreen.

If you want to go with the 19" wheels you should consider the ACC so you can knock it into comfort when going over rougher ground. For all other times it'll probably be in Sport. I have a Scirocco (18" wheels) with ACC and I only use Comfort when it's pothole season, never gets used in Normal as it always errs towards the firm side in use, making it nigh on the same as Sport.