GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First ever dyno test

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
So I had my first ever dyno test today on my 2015 autobahn. The results were 303 hp and 360 foot pounds of torque. I’m not unhappy with that but I guess I was thinking I might get a little bit more. Car is stage two APR (93 octane), Ultimate Racingline downpipe (connected to stock exhaust), racingline air intake, racingline turbo inlet, CTS intercooler, plugs and coil packs, as far as engine mods. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
IIRC, APR lists stage 2 at 308 WHP. Given that dynos, temperatures and altitudes vary, 303 HP is about where you should be. Their torque rating was less than 360 LB/FT, so not too bad.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
So I had my first ever dyno test today on my 2015 autobahn. The results were 303 hp and 360 foot pounds of torque. I’m not unhappy with that but I guess I was thinking I might get a little bit more. Car is stage two APR (93 octane), Ultimate Racingline downpipe (connected to stock exhaust), racingline air intake, racingline turbo inlet as far as engine mods. Any thoughts?
This Dyno is only really useful if you compare another car or two or three to it from the same dyno, or have a "Before" dyno run on your car before all of those mods were installed, on that same dyno. Is that power at the wheels, at the crank? What kind of dyno was it?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah you need an intercooler. It’s required for Stage 2, and recommended for Stage 1. It will keep the air your turbo breathes cool, which is especially important when you’re running the turbo to the max like a Stage 2 tune does.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Those numbers look consistent with what I have seen with those mods. Be happy with them.

My only suggestion is to get a dyno done without the software so you can see your actual gains. Each dyno, car and environment are different so you cant just compare dyno sheets.