GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Adaptation of Charge Pressure Actuator issues

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What about the basic settings dealing with the lower/upper stops - basically cycles the WG?

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Can you take a photo of the # threads on the WG rod? I am thinking your WG rod is waaaay to short.

Brawty

Car(s)
MK7 Golf GTI PP

Attachments

• 8315F7AB-4559-417B-8693-275B51E51E5A.jpeg
    8315F7AB-4559-417B-8693-275B51E51E5A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Hey guys, did a search for this function and ā€¦ not to threadjack but this one seems idle now?

just installed DTR6054 from IS38 and found my wastegate to be 3.2ā€¦. Looking to adjust to 3.5-3.9 as advised. Did this first adaptation function to see what it would do and all I get is the ā€œworkingā€ circle constantly rotating and ā€œbasic setting endedā€ immediately. No sound from the turbo. Doesnā€™t change at all, just keeps showing the circle rotating like itā€™s working, let it go for a minute to be sure.

is there a chance my wastegate is actually stuck? Any idea whatā€™s going on? Iā€™m having serious trouble getting a good enough rotational force on the rod to turn it after breaking the nut, canā€™t get any tools in there to adjust with all the coolant/oil lines inā€¦
35AD73F9-B393-4D80-ADEB-144D9DD7A126.jpeg

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
Hey guys, did a search for this function and ā€¦ not to threadjack but this one seems idle now?

just installed DTR6054 from IS38 and found my wastegate to be 3.2ā€¦. Looking to adjust to 3.5-3.9 as advised. Did this first adaptation function to see what it would do and all I get is the ā€œworkingā€ circle constantly rotating and ā€œbasic setting endedā€ immediately. No sound from the turbo. Doesnā€™t change at all, just keeps showing the circle rotating like itā€™s working, let it go for a minute to be sure.

is there a chance my wastegate is actually stuck? Any idea whatā€™s going on? Iā€™m having serious trouble getting a good enough rotational force on the rod to turn it after breaking the nut, canā€™t get any tools in there to adjust with all the coolant/oil lines inā€¦
View attachment 250353

Sorry to bring this old thread back, but did you ever figure this out? I'm having exactly the same issue you're having. The exact same screen you're seeing "Basic settings ended" and right below it says "Not available" when I try to run the first adaptation of charge pressure actuator in OBDEleven after tightening the acknowledgment to 3.55v. I got the aftermarket Mahle IS20 actuator installed

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/wastegate-actuator-adjustment.365696/post-7710156

This is for the IS20 wastegate. You need to cycle key on, check voltage, spin arm to increase/decrease, run adaptation, cycle key off, exit vcds, then start all over with cycle key on, check voltage, spin arm etc....
Should be able to spin the arm by hand after breaking the lock nut loose. I did it from below.
In other words, there is no set voltage for IS20 wastegate actuators? Should I stay within the range of 3.6 ~ 3.5v? For example, cycle key on, spin arm, charge pressure actuator acknowledgment to 3.6v, run adaptation, if it fails, then key off, exit obdeleven, cycle key on, check voltage, spin arm until it's 3.4v, run adaptation?

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/wastegate-actuator-adjustment.365696/post-7710156

This is for the IS20 wastegate. You need to cycle key on, check voltage, spin arm to increase/decrease, run adaptation, cycle key off, exit vcds, then start all over with cycle key on, check voltage, spin arm etc....
Should be able to spin the arm by hand after breaking the lock nut loose. I did it from below.
I'm starting to think OBDEleven is the problem, where did you get your vcds software? Can you share a link?