GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First 10,000 mile service & Software update

Hello_Mr_Mo

Passed Driver's Ed
Just dropped my car off at my local dealer for its first service. I was informed that as well as the oil change, they would be updating the software as 'there was a recall announced this time last week'. Will be interesting to see what difference there will be. I'll post an update of the software version later today when I pick it up.

Anyone else heard of this software update?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that, my car is some way off its first service.

Will be interested to hear what the software update refers to.

My guess would be, infotainment and EPB.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I have just called my dealer with regard to recalls - they deny there being any ... ... ... not sure I believe them.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I have just called my dealer with regard to recalls - they deny there being any ... ... ... not sure I believe them.

I had the same issue on an old VW. No knowledge of the injector issue, until VOSA got involved.:eek:

Some dealers are great, and some are completely useless.

le0n1

Ready to race!
The recall is probably for a software update on your DSG.
That's what they told me when I was in for my first service after 13000 km:)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to visit my dealer - if there are recalls for both DSG and EPB then surely my car ought to be covered by both.

Essjay

Ready to race!
Well Mr Mo, as we both have the same car, and my service is due at the end of the month, then I will be expecting the same updates, or there will be questions asked :rolleyes:

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Just dropped my car off at my local dealer for its first service. I was informed that as well as the oil change, they would be updating the software as 'there was a recall announced this time last week'. Will be interesting to see what difference there will be. I'll post an update of the software version later today when I pick it up.

Anyone else heard of this software update?

Is it 45D4 S-Golf Service Measure ( issued 2 April 2014 ) ?

Hello_Mr_Mo

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it 45D4 S-Golf Service Measure ( issued 2 April 2014 ) ?

Hi guys, picked up the car this afternoon and the dealer informed me that the software update related to the EPB. vwman - Yes I think it's the same one. I have a service invoice (which I did not have to pay for) which itemises the work as 'W1-45D4 Criteria 01'. The cost assigned to the work was £21 labour.

I've also checked my software version on my infotainment and it looks like the EPB software update is not reflected on the system as the details are identical to those before I took the car in.

Didn't have time to ask too many questions at the time as I was inbetween meetings but the chap at the dealership said that it was 'just an update' like you would have for your computer/iPhone. Personally, I didn't have any previous issues with my EPB apart from needing to put more on the accelerator when moving away from stationary on a steep incline - bit I think that is normal just like a manual handbrake.

martin eggers

Hello!
Someone noticed retention problem in Exchange DSG gearbox? In my car, in ECO mode, it makes the exchange of first gear in some cases only 4000 rpm, even on level ground.