GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY: Got myself a set of Golf R Mk7 seat covers

Gennarosarno

So, like most of us on here, I wanted a set of front Golf R MK7 seat covers and had no luck finding any after searching the net far and wide.

Therefore, as I am one not to be defeated I decided to commission my own set for myself and pay a small fortune to experiment with a few different sets of seat covers and embroidery samples.

At last, using a really good quality 600gm heavyweight polyester type fabric, with slots for the side airbags to deploy, elastic all round and fully covering all the seat including the back and plastic lower frame sections, these are perfect. I am particularly pleased with how well the 'R' logo has come out..... enjoy:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Those look extremely uncomfortable to sit on, not my cup of tea.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Why seat covers at all? :confused:

Gennarosarno

It's mainly so that on the short daily drives to and frow to the train station, that they don't get worn out! Weekends and they are off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
It's mainly so that on the short daily drives to and frow to the train station, that they don't get worn out! Weekends and they are off!

Not for me I'm afraid, they look less appealing than the valet covers (IMO) but hey, it's your car :cool:

Gennarosarno

Wow... I'm surprised that a lot of people don't like the covers!

I have been victim of not using covers on my Focus RS and the bolster wore aware from getting in and out a lot!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Wow... I'm surprised that a lot of people don't like the covers!

I have been victim of not using covers on my Focus RS and the bolster wore aware from getting in and out a lot!

This was my driver's seat from getting in and out of a single garage for 8+ years.

The covers would have more appeal if they were snug fitted.

Gennarosarno

This was my driver's seat from getting in and out of a single garage for 8+ years.

That's what I want to avoid.

They will be off over the weekend when I'm in my civi's making sure I can make sure the Golf R is in its full glory!

As said earlier the seats a awesome and why would you want to cover them up!

Stevie1

Ready to race!
Personally, save the money on the cover, by the time the car is over five years old you will be able to source a second hand seat for less money.

Jeremy1976

Ready to race!
Yes not a fan here either bud sorry. I think it looks really cheap. Why put seat covers on and keep them nice and save them for the next owner of the car? I guess anytime I have seen seat covers I think cheap, and that a kid owns the vehicle.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
That's what I want to avoid.

They will be off over the weekend when I'm in my civi's making sure I can make sure the Golf R is in its full glory!

As said earlier the seats a awesome and why would you want to cover them up!

There's hardly any noticeable wear...

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Oh man sure wish we got those nice seats on the Mk6 here. The Polo GTI seats sucked.

Draxs77

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah look like black bin bags..