GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Finally Got High Beam Assist (Light Assist) Working

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
man, how did you get it to work!!!?? please!

I have a Golf mk7 Highline 2016 and exactly like yours the Xenon thing does not show in that menu but I know this car must have the light assist

Manually change Byte 2 from 1A to 2A.
2B would be a manual car if memory serves correctly.
If that doesn’t work it’s 3...pretty sure it’s 2.
The menu basically just changes the Byte.
From xA with x representing the bit, being:

0= halogen
1= xenon (car without camera used for lane assist)
2 = xenon w/high beam assist (car with camera)
3 = xenon w/dynamic light assist (special camera and headlights)

I also got the advanced high beam assist stuff to function which is cool.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it to work. This option is fantastic! Lowered the activation speed from 55kph to 49kph (37 to 30 mph). A drive down a twisty dark country highway really showed how awesome HBA is.

Just trying to activate HBA myself, now I'm interested in how you lowered the activation speed?

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the link!

Looks like I can't change my activation speed, as I have the newer 3q0 cam :(

That's a shame as HBA is fantastic, if I could lower the speed from 37 to 30mph, it would be perfect for me.

Which year do you have?

rodon

Finally got around to this last weekend. Coding instructions were perfect, thanks. Worked on my 2016 DAP. Have only tested it a few times, but having a hard time getting it to work. Thinking I live near too much light. Need to find a dark road away from street lights to further test. Would be nice to tweak the sensitivity as you've suggested. Did you find a way to code it?
Maybe it is set to ‘very sensitive’ now?
On my MY 19 R, there are two sensitivity settings from the factory, which you can switch between by holding the stalk forward for 30 seconds. The hi beam/A icon flashes to confirm the change. I only found this out by RTFM’ing.
That said, I find the most sensitive option to be useless for me. My commute involves some very dark back roads, and the hi beams will switch on and then go right back to low if there is a road sign to reflect light (does not ever do that on the ‘low sensitivity’ setting). But it might be useful for in-town driving.

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Maybe it is set to ‘very sensitive’ now?

On my MY 19 R, there are two sensitivity settings from the factory, which you can switch between by holding the stalk forward for 30 seconds. The hi beam/A icon flashes to confirm the change. I only found this out by RTFM’ing.

That said, I find the most sensitive option to be useless for me. My commute involves some very dark back roads, and the hi beams will switch on and then go right back to low if there is a road sign to reflect light (does not ever do that on the ‘low sensitivity’ setting). But it might be useful for in-town driving.

Wow I didn’t know this! Thanks I’ll try it.

chahrichakib

Manually change Byte 2 from 1A to 2A.
2B would be a manual car if memory serves correctly.
If that doesn’t work it’s 3...pretty sure it’s 2.
The menu basically just changes the Byte.
From xA with x representing the bit, being:

0= halogen
1= xenon (car without camera used for lane assist)
2 = xenon w/high beam assist (car with camera)
3 = xenon w/dynamic light assist (special camera and headlights)

I also got the advanced high beam assist stuff to function which is cool.

hello revolver66.I have the same problem.I can not activate the light assist. I tried to apply the modifications of your coding on the module 09, but the bytes are not the same ones as on your photo. I send you a picture maybe you can help me. This is a golf tdi model 2016 usa version, manufactured in Mexico.IMG_20191109_204853.jpg