GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally getting a gti😁😁😁

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Welcome and congrats dude. I too always loved the GTI ever since I was a kid. Worked my butt off to afford a lightly used (<2 year old MK6) one as young as 19. It's a hoot dude. Especially since you're coming from other performance cars that you've "worked your way up" through, I think you'll find that the GTI is unique in its performance vs. comfort/luxury. Has that solid German car feel and it's so well appointed for what it is.

Like art said, come here often. Just don't ask "Which tune should I get?" and definitely never ask whether the DSG or manual is a better choice. you'll be in for a rough initiation :)

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Congrats and welcome to the forum. There’s a ton of good info here… A google search followed by “MK7 GTI forum” can be helpful.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks for the warm welcome. Im sure Ill have loads of questions after I pick it up. Any tips for first time driving a semi auto for the first time?
Get on YouTube. Engineering explained made a video on what not to do in a dsg tranny

dsg’s don’t have a clutch pedal. So that’s controlled electronically. But then there’s this type of crawl mode. Riding the crawl mode while dragging brakes is a no no. But that’s explained in the video

good on u to ask.

edit. Look into an obd11 device or vagcom

Frazmondo

Car(s)
Golf gti performance
Get on YouTube. Engineering explained made a video on what not to do in a dsg tranny

dsg’s don’t have a clutch pedal. So that’s controlled electronically. But then there’s this type of crawl mode. Riding the crawl mode while dragging brakes is a no no. But that’s explained in the video

good on u to ask.

edit. Look into an obd11 device or vagcom
Thanks Keehs360.
Ive already watched that vidoe but Ill have another look closer to Friday.
What would I need an obd11 or viacom for?
I really am new to the dsg😁😁😁

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks Keehs360.
Ive already watched that vidoe but Ill have another look closer to Friday.
What would I need an obd11 or viacom for?
I really am new to the dsg😁😁😁
OBD11 and VAGCOM(aka VCDS by Ross Tech) are diagnostic scan tools specific to the VW and Audi group. They allow for not just scanning a car, but also changing parameters(a process called coding) to change, add, or remove certain features and functions from your car. There is tons of options through modding, coding, and retrofitting.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
congrats and enjoy.

+1 on either OBD or Vag if you want to do a bit of tweaking on car. There is a thread about DSG hints even I found interesting (mine is MT). Hopefully search will find it or someone will post link. We'll want pics. I've had mine 3yrs and it's on it's way to becoming the best car I've owned (1990 Integra).

Mud

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
OBD11 and VAGCOM(aka VCDS by Ross Tech) are diagnostic scan tools specific to the VW and Audi group. They allow for not just scanning a car, but also changing parameters(a process called coding) to change, add, or remove certain features and functions from your car. There is tons of options through modding, coding, and retrofitting.
This /\

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Audi harmonic rear damper,
MK8 Golf lower rear arm aero covers,
front skid or aero tray,
short cover tray for rear axle
cover tray for exhaust tunnel by fuel tank
front exhaust cover tray (might be fitted)
Audi jack pads
Audi RS3 front arm air guides for brakes

That'll empty your wallet of some £££