GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Final decision with new wheels / tire combo. 235/45-17 vs 245/45-17

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
FOH “REAL ENTHUSIASTS”, not everyone lives in an area with shitty ass roads to complain about all the time. 19s are purely the best looking size on a MK7, no question. Real ones...smh
<Lumbergh voice> "I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there - yeah."
19" wheels look cool, but the requisite rubber band sidewalls do not look cool at all.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
<Lumbergh voice> "I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there - yeah."
19" wheels look cool, but the requisite rubber band sidewalls do not look cool at all.
riding around like a 4x4??? Absolutely. Properly sitting, can’t be beat.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

Unless you have much larger brakes than stock, 19's look goofy. Shit, I just ordered a car with 19's and oval exhaust tips. So much to fix!

daymoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Update: Bad news, had to go into Discount Tire a third time after my last rebalancing cause it still didnt feel right when driving and they said one of the wheels are damaged and can't get balanced (they put something like 17 weights on one side of the wheel!). The tech ordered a new wheel but wont come for another month. I'm a bit upset, had these wheels for a month but its been in 3 times now and hasn't driven 'right' once. Opened a ticket with Tire Rack to see what they have to say about it, possible shipping issue im not sure. Guess we'll see if they will cover the wheel or not, I really shouldn't be shelling out another 200 dollars on a brand new wheel.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Update: Bad news, had to go into Discount Tire a third time after my last rebalancing cause it still didnt feel right when driving and they said one of the wheels are damaged and can't get balanced (they put something like 17 weights on one side of the wheel!). The tech ordered a new wheel but wont come for another month. I'm a bit upset, had these wheels for a month but its been in 3 times now and hasn't driven 'right' once. Opened a ticket with Tire Rack to see what they have to say about it, possible shipping issue im not sure. Guess we'll see if they will cover the wheel or not, I really shouldn't be shelling out another 200 dollars on a brand new wheel.
You definitely shouldn't have to pay for a new wheel and it's disappointing that Discount Tires didn't realize that right away. Since Discount Tires bought out Tire Rack hopefully it makes it easier.

daymoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
You definitely shouldn't have to pay for a new wheel and it's disappointing that Discount Tires didn't realize that right away. Since Discount Tires bought out Tire Rack hopefully it makes it easier.
Yeah me having to be there 3 times should be a huge red flag, but the tech said the 'buyout' doesnt really go through until January so who knows how they'll warranty it, if at all.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah me having to be there 3 times should be a huge red flag, but the tech said the 'buyout' doesnt really go through until January so who knows how they'll warranty it, if at all.
Good luck. 👍They should since Discount Tires can verify what happened..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion