GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: TPC20 Stg 2 turbo V1

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Just a feeler post to see if anyone would be interested? Turbo has been on the car for ~ 4 months now? Replacing the TPC w/a RX500 turbo (a little bigger than a stock IS38) If all goes well I should have the tpc out by this weekend, if not this weekend then the next one for sure.

Turbo probably has 2500 - 3000 miles on it? (summer here so I ride my motorcycle a lot more then drive my car) will come w/wastegate pre calibrated but will have to reuse your DV.

Will probably ask 1000 OBO + shipping. Turbo located in Colo Springs CO. I'll take pics (and covert to FS post once turbo is off the car! PM is best way to get in touch w/me.

Thanks for looking!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like a pretty fair price but I will say that TPC is now building that turbo with a ball bearing chra and bigger wheels. You might want to pay TPC to upgrade yours and forgo the RX500.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like a pretty fair price but I will say that TPC is now building that turbo with a ball bearing chra and bigger wheels. You might want to pay TPC to upgrade yours and forgo the RX500.
Yea I think I have this turbo priced such that if anyone wanted to upgrade it, they'd still be ahead. I already have the RX500 now so I'm gonna stick w/that.

Have you received your BB TPC yet Jim?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yea I think I have this turbo priced such that if anyone wanted to upgrade it, they'd still be ahead. I already have the RX500 now so I'm gonna stick w/that.

Have you received your BB TPC yet Jim?
Yes I have but I'm not going to get it installed until cooler weather. I had them use the same size wheels as before so I wouldn't have to do the remote dyno tune again because of the bigger wheels. That would add 1K to the cost.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
I have that turbo and a remote dyno tune from EQT and it put out 416 HP and 428 torque on 91 octane and Torco octane booster to get it to 93 octane. And all bolt ons.
Has it been reliable so far? Any issues/dislikes?

I'm currently running 476whp on a maboom m520h @28psi, full bolt ons and methanol. MPI + brushless lpfp installation was due for next week, but this seems really enticing...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Has it been reliable so far? Any issues/dislikes?

I'm currently running 476whp on a maboom m520h @28psi, full bolt ons and methanol. MPI + brushless lpfp installation was due for next week, but this seems really enticing...
This wouldn't be an upgrade power-wise. What are you trying to make up for, the lack of spool?

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
This wouldn't be an upgrade power-wise. What are you trying to make up for, the lack of spool?
Better spool and turbo reliability.

I have heard too many horror stories regarding mabo. I'm aware most of the reported issues tune related, but I had his injectors and one of them died in under 5k miles.

As long as I touch 480whp with meth/mpi/lpfp, I'll be more than happy with the end result.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have that turbo and a remote dyno tune from EQT and it put out 416 HP and 428 torque on 91 octane and Torco octane booster to get it to 93 octane. And all bolt ons.

I wouldn't recommend EQT for this Turbo, there was a guy who had Issues with EQT and it being trash. I forgot his name 🤔.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I wouldn't recommend EQT for this Turbo, there was a guy who had Issues with EQT and it being trash. I forgot his name 🤔.
I haven't had any problems with the EQT tune. It was dyno tuned locally by another company first and the EQT tune is way better.