GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler FS: 2018 Golf R, cheap

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Recently my dbv2 decided to leave this plane of existence and it seems it took my engine with it. Considering cutting my losses and letting someone else takeover the project.
2018 R DSG/dcc/nav
42xxx miles
Forge intake, majesty intercooler, catless downpipe, 450 lpfp, cts 980cc mpi, pm4 and I have a new fuel it ethanol kit
Cobb access port
APR 19x8.5 wheels

Cosmetically the car is in good shape. Passenger side fender has two dings and one small chip in the windshield. Interior is flawless, never smoked in and no children or car seats ever installed.

Probably a long shot finding someone interested but if you think you might be send me a message and we can talk details and arrange pictures.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Recently my dbv2 decided to leave this plane of existence and it seems it took my engine with it. Considering cutting my losses and letting someone else takeover the project.
2018 R
42xxx miles
Forge intake, majesty intercooler, catless downpipe, 450 lpfp, cts 980cc mpi, pm4 and I have a new fuel it ethanol kit
Cobb access port
APR 19x8.5 wheels

Cosmetically the car is in good shape. Passenger side fender has two dings and one small chip in the windshield. Interior is flawless, never smoked in and no children or car seats ever installed.

Probably a long shot finding someone interested but if you think you might be send me a message and we can talk details and arrange pictures.

Is your current block damaged or can it be rebuilt or used as a core.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Is your current block damaged or can it be rebuilt or used as a core.
The car runs and noise is isolated in the top end. Not a catastrophic failure but can’t be certain without disassembly and inspection.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Cargurus has it at about $37k retail. $31k trade-in. I think if it runs with engine issues, somewhere in the 25-27 for someone willing to do the work themselves. Figure 20-25 for someone farming the work out.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Cargurus has it at about $37k retail. $31k trade-in. I think if it runs with engine issues, somewhere in the 25-27 for someone willing to do the work themselves. Figure 20-25 for someone farming the work out.
Whether they plan on doing the work themselves or paying for it has no bearing on the value of the car, at least not to me. It’s the position I’m in currently.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Whether they plan on doing the work themselves or paying for it has no bearing on the value of the car, at least not to me. It’s the position I’m in currently.
I was looking at it more of a its only value is what someone I willing to pay. If someone is going consider buying they are likely going to start trying to factor in how much it will cost to repair. The unknown variables dictate this heavily. I would recommend sticking to a higher price in to order to keep flippers out if you are trying to sell to only someone looking to keep the car.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I was looking at it more of a its only value is what someone I willing to pay. If someone is going consider buying they are likely going to start trying to factor in how much it will cost to repair. The unknown variables dictate this heavily. I would recommend sticking to a higher price in to order to keep flippers out if you are trying to sell to only someone looking to keep the car.
After it’s gone I couldn’t care less what they do with it. I don’t have to sell it either. Weighing all options at this point. I like the car but this whole ordeal has left a sour taste in my mouth. I already didn’t want to have to put the is38 back on but chose to in order to get the car back on the road. That turned out to be a fools errand. Paying further money by putting a used stock engine in is further wasted money, leaving me back at essentially a stage 2 car but having spent 10k for the pleasure. My other option is full build and hope Ed’s new turbo option is available by the time the car is back together. Of course after the expense of the motor build I would likely need a larger lpfp and bigger mpi injectors. All of the costs at this point really start to snowball and I’m unsure whether that’s the road I want to take. I really wish I had just waited and done hpfp and Ed’s ots e30 tune. Would have been dead nuts reliable and a low cost of entry.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
After it’s gone I couldn’t care less what they do with it. I don’t have to sell it either. Weighing all options at this point. I like the car but this whole ordeal has left a sour taste in my mouth. I already didn’t want to have to put the is38 back on but chose to in order to get the car back on the road. That turned out to be a fools errand. Paying further money by putting a used stock engine in is further wasted money, leaving me back at essentially a stage 2 car but having spent 10k for the pleasure. My other option is full build and hope Ed’s new turbo option is available by the time the car is back together. Of course after the expense of the motor build I would likely need a larger lpfp and bigger mpi injectors. All of the costs at this point really start to snowball and I’m unsure whether that’s the road I want to take. I really wish I had just waited and done hpfp and Ed’s ots e30 tune. Would have been dead nuts reliable and a low cost of entry.
I get it. You’re kind of stuck. Get out now? Or try one more time? Not the best of options. Good luck with whatever you decide, but I feel people are going to lowball you knowing there are engine issues going into it. You would be better off finding someone to do it themselves. I sure someone out there is looking for something like this.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
i feel you on this. sorry to hear. was the DBV2 a V1 or V2? curious. thanks. glws on feeler.

tWat

Ready to race!
Sent you a message but wondering how you have verified your engine took any damage from the turbo failure?