GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: Anyone in RI able to help with a lowering spring install?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nothing is bought yet and don't have a timeframe, just trying to feel things out. I'm thinking about putting a set of lowering springs on my GTI, but really don't want to have to pay a shop $500 to put a $250 set of springs on my car (and then an alignment after). Plus, I'd rather be able to help someone who knows how to do it and learn, instead of just dropping it off somewhere for a day.

Wouldn't be looking for just charity work, I'd have no problem tossing someone $100 or whatever for an afternoon of their time to work with me. I have a single car garage to work in, most of the basic tools, and can do most routine maintenance myself (brake pads\rotors, plugs, oil\DSG fluid changes, etc...), but I think a spring install might be a bit above my skills to do myself.

tomsyco

Passed Driver's Ed
Where about are you?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
There is a garage in Warwick called gearhead I think. Right near Oakland Beach. Across from the uhall. They rent lifts for $20/hr if you need a good place to do the work. It's a diy shop that has every tool imaginable with air tools as well. Super cool owners. They also have free welding classes.
Link: Gearhead RI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There is a garage in Warwick called gearhead I think. Right near Oakland Beach. Across from the uhall. They rent lifts for $20/hr if you need a good place to do the work. It's a diy shop that has every tool imaginable with air tools as well. Super cool owners. They also have free welding classes.
Link: Gearhead RI

Man. Bumping my 2 year old thread :ROFLMAO:

I actually live about half a mile away from Gearhead in OB, drive past it every day. Never visited though.

I ended up doing the spring install myself in my garage. Took a day, but managed to get through it :)

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Man. Bumping my 2 year old thread :ROFLMAO:

I actually live about half a mile away from Gearhead in OB, drive past it every day. Never visited though.

I ended up doing the spring install myself in my garage. Took a day, but managed to get through it :)
Ooo lol I totally overlooked the 2 year thing. Yeah they are awesome. And good lol.