GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler 2018 GTI S 6 speed Full Bolt On EQT Vortex

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There’s not much to it. It just states that absolute entropy is equal to the log of the number of states a system can be in(omega) times Boltzmann constant k. Of course omega is often difficult or impossible to calculate, lol.

unnamed (4).jpg

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
@jaystonewee did you install the shift forks and wavetrac yourself? Does this mean you can help me with my clutch when I inevitably mess up installing it in a few weeks?

Yes to all of the above. Make sure you have new hardware where needed. VW has started using a lot of single use hardware. Essentially any fastener that requires a torque sequence of a stated number plus X degrees additional is a TTY bolt. Torque to yield is single use. Example; VW decided to use Aluminum bolts for the transmission case halves. And they are M9 (diameter). Ask me how I know SMDH.

Off the top of my head you will AT LEAST need flywheel bolts to crank, and pressure plate bolts to flywheel. Also, do yourself a favor and replace the TOB for piece of mind and get a bleeder block. I'll be happy to show you how to bench bleed it.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
@jaystonewee did you install the shift forks and wavetrac yourself? Does this mean you can help me with my clutch when I inevitably mess up installing it in a few weeks?

Yes to all of the above. Make sure you have new hardware where needed. VW has started using a lot of single use hardware. Essentially any fastener that requires a torque sequence of a stated number plus X degrees additional is a TTY bolt. Torque to yield is single use. Example; VW decided to use Aluminum bolts for the transmission case halves. And they are M9 (diameter). Ask me how I know SMDH.

Off the top of my head you will AT LEAST need flywheel bolts to crank, and pressure plate bolts to flywheel. Also, do yourself a favor and replace the TOB for piece of mind and get a bleeder block. I'll be happy to show you how to bench bleed it.

Thanks! I've got two full boxes of replacement hardware since I'm replacing the knuckles and suspension at the same time. I've actually got multiples of certain bolts like the flywheel and pressure plate bolts since my clutch kit came with those already.

For the bleeding, is bench bleeding necessarily? I was going to hook up my power bleeder and just push the fluid through.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
If the TOB is new, I'd say yes since the bleeder valve is in the middle of the system. It's way easier to fill the TOB with fluid before install. If you are re-using your TOB, then a power bleeder should do the trick.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, with a heavy heart I have an update. GTI is pending sale. RS3 doesnt look like it's going to happen either. On to option 3...

So a 911 Turbo then?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R