GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Faults, damages and mishaps

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone had any mishaps or faults yet with their GTIs or Rs? When I got my car it was in pretty good shape. But over time I noticed a few flaws or things that were not perfect. Just after 3000 km I noticed the right side of my rear spoiler was no longer attached to the body. And at 12,000 km my coolant was empty and needed to be refilled. Just did my first service and all was fixed luckily there was no leak in the cooling system.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

I'm super happy with my car and enjoy every single drive with it.

southwales1977

Ready to race!
After five months my rear spoiler lower trim has come away and I noticed earlier today the parking sensors were picking up obstacles that weren't there! Checked them and they're clean but it's a worry.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
After five months my rear spoiler lower trim has come away and I noticed earlier today the parking sensors were picking up obstacles that weren't there! Checked them and they're clean but it's a worry.

I heard the parking sensors can pick up those who wonder the earth on the spirit plain.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Yeah I have and the Dubai dealership is meh...

1. Camera would not work, then bluetooth and media would not work. 2 months later they found a control unit problem and had to recode the car. Took them two whole months....

2. Roof leak - water poured in from one of the grommets between the boot latch and the car and the entire roof liner was changed and grommets and wires changed (also took 2 months in all to fix as they kept forgetting to order parts).

3. Brakes are annoying as they grind when coming to a stop once the brakes are hot.

4. Sensors just pick up random shit that isn't there, that was easy I just put auto activation off.

5. My coolant also ran out at 15k and I had some brown sludge that smelled like coffee and just did a coolant flush 2 weeks ago.

6. Oil runs out really fast, changed it once at 7000km and then at service at 15k

7. Had this annoying rattle in the front passenger doors that was rough fabric along the top of the window. Lubed up and the car is back to quiet as ever. They will change in under warranty anyways so its ok. They also broke both my sun visors (1 is fixed along with the roof liner and the other was broken recently - the mirror is shattered)

Still love the car though and this is expected from an all new car...I bought my mk6 in 2012 when it was well established so had no issues.

Last edited:

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
sigh, after they already changed it once, it's lose again.. my rear right side spoiler extension (the one coming down from the roof line, is lose.. again!)

so now I need to get that fixed again, it seems the adhesive isn't working out .. but only on that side.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Both rear side spoilers replaced a couple of months ago and so far they are stuck solid. Probably jinxed it now!