GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault: Vehicle Lighting

Hi guys,
i got this error Fault: Vehicle Lighting since last week. No lights in the car were dead, everything works perfectly fine.
however, I did change my tail lights to the mk7r tailights with all led, but I changed it about 5 months ago.

i have reset all my codings for the light to the normal ones and yet this error still shows up. But, when i scan with obd eleven and other scan tools, everytime it gets to 09 Central Electrics, the error is gone and once it’s past that session, the error shows up again. So, I couldn’t find anything as well using the scan. please do help if anyone knows what to do with this error. Thanks.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
What exactly is the problem??

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
You probably have a failed bulb in one of the STATIC cornering lights, read you owners manual to find out the bulb location and check for a blown bulb.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just had a friend had the same issue and it was the as said above Static cornering bulb. He didn't notice because he always drives in "Eco" mode so they do not light up but the car always does a self check at startup.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
You probably have a failed bulb in one of the STATIC cornering lights, read you owners manual to find out the bulb location and check for a blown bulb.

Yep. No idea why they made a burnt out cornering bulb trigger an entire lighting fault (rather than just saying "left corner bulb out" etc.).

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The above is probably the issue, but I've also seen this fault when putting my Euro switch into Auto mode without the car being coded to support it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just had a friend had the same issue and it was the as said above Static cornering bulb. He didn't notice because he always drives in "Eco" mode so they do not light up but the car always does a self check at startup.

The cornering lights work regardless of the mode you're using.

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
I just received the error Fault: Vehicle Lighting yesterday and after doing some visual inspection determined the cornering lights no longer work. Does anyone know where to pick up a new set at and how hard they are to change?

e_koehler1

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
The above is probably the issue, but I've also seen this fault when putting my Euro switch into Auto mode without the car being coded to support it.
interesting, I think this is an issue I have. Did some research, apparently, the error code can happen if you buy a bad euro light switch. I bought the car from its previous owner with the euro light switch already installed so I'm wondering if he got some cheap one from china that doesn't sync in well with the electronics. Oh well... kinda sucks.
The fault code was an implausible signal from the light switch, with fault code B126A29.

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
interesting, I think this is an issue I have. Did some research, apparently, the error code can happen if you buy a bad euro light switch. I bought the car from its previous owner with the euro light switch already installed so I'm wondering if he got some cheap one from china that doesn't sync in well with the electronics. Oh well... kinda sucks.
The fault code was an implausible signal from the light switch, with fault code B126A29.

Mine was also installed by the previous owner. My dealer was actually pretty cool about it and hooked me up with a stock light switch to get rid of the error, so I'm unsure what brand the euro switch was. My issue was that my 2015 wasn't wired with any of the sensors for the Auto functionality, so any time the switch passed that setting, it would throw the code.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
and OP was never heard from again.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Mine was also installed by the previous owner. My dealer was actually pretty cool about it and hooked me up with a stock light switch to get rid of the error, so I'm unsure what brand the euro switch was. My issue was that my 2015 wasn't wired with any of the sensors for the Auto functionality, so any time the switch passed that setting, it would throw the code.
Could of been a setup like this:
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/RFB-Automatic-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-MK7-Golf-GTI.html

I have this setup, though the dash still tells me to turn off the lights when entering/exiting the car. Haven't done the VCDS coding for coming home/leaving home lights which is why I assume it does that.

saint70

Car(s)
Vw golf tdi se
Hi guys,
i got this error Fault: Vehicle Lighting since last week. No lights in the car were dead, everything works perfectly fine.
however, I did change my tail lights to the mk7r tailights with all led, but I changed it about 5 months ago.

i have reset all my codings for the light to the normal ones and yet this error still shows up. But, when i scan with obd eleven and other scan tools, everytime it gets to 09 Central Electrics, the error is gone and once it’s past that session, the error shows up again. So, I couldn’t find anything as well using the scan. please do help if anyone knows what to do with this error. Thanks.
I had the exact same problem, took it to the vw dealer near me and it was resolved by updating my software?! Cost £99