GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fast as hell IS20!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
He claims he has just broken the 1/4 record and last Thursday was going to be this whole series where he posted the video. (never posted).

What others said about ethanol and weight is mega true. I beat an APRis38 with ease on is20 tuned very aggressively on maestro and W/R. Ethanol needs to be in everything AND TUNED FOR IT to make it a fair fight!

Go watch his newest video...

...."IS38 KILLR BUILDING REP" ... jfc :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
This guy is pretty funny.. Claims to be the fastest because he beat the record holders "trap speed".. I am pretty sure the cars that have the quickest ET's have trapped higher than what they uploaded. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in FWD cars more wheel spin often means higher trap speed but slower ET.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-26-14-33-41.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-26-14-33-41.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 213

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I saw his video of his dyno which said 5150
He is 5150 tuned, his name is Alex(won't disclose last name).. All I know is Ian @ 5150 is not a fan of his.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
This guy is pretty funny.. Claims to be the fastest because he beat the record holders "trap speed".. I am pretty sure the cars that have the quickest ET's have trapped higher than what they uploaded. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in FWD cars more wheel spin often means higher trap speed but slower ET.

A friend of mine did 11.5 @ 119 in an mk6 k04 with a GIAC OTS tune. I was always under the impression that the is20 was supposed to be much faster than a k04.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
A friend of mine did 11.5 @ 119 in an mk6 k04 with a GIAC OTS tune. I was always under the impression that the is20 was supposed to be much faster than a k04.
I think is20 is more on par with ko3 and is38 w/ the ko4.. However, there are mk6 cars now that run is38 "hybrids" that seem to be a little faster than ko4 cars.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
If that is Alex, yes he is 5150 tuned but gives 5150 folks a bad name. Dude talks way too much and isn't the most humble guy around. I tried to give some pointers to him and put his expectations down to earth for when he went to the strip awhile back but dismissed everything I said and came off as a know it all. He soon realized someone that has drag raced the GTI for a while and currently holds the stock block record actually knew what he was talking about because his drag times wasnt nearly as good as what he said it was going to be.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
If that is Alex, yes he is 5150 tuned but gives 5150 folks a bad name. Dude talks way too much and isn't the most humble guy around. I tried to give some pointers to him and put his expectations down to earth for when he went to the strip awhile back but dismissed everything I said and came off as a know it all. He soon realized someone that has drag raced the GTI for a while and currently holds the stock block record actually knew what he was talking about because his drag times wasnt nearly as good as what he said it was going to be.
Sounds like an anus

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It absolutely is Alex R. There's a whole thread about him on FB MQB group right now, he even came in talking crap last night. Those comments have since been deleted since he got into it w/ a moderator.

A7xogg

Passed Driver's Ed
I think is20 is more on par with ko3 and is38 w/ the ko4.. However, there are mk6 cars now that run is38 "hybrids" that seem to be a little faster than ko4 cars.

is20 traps higher than a ko3, it also holds more boost for longer. id say its inbetween ko3 and ko4

well, all i can say is just a flash tune mk7 is crazy fast