El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Update for me.... I was "slowly losing coolant", maybe top it off every month just to be safe. Mid intercooler install and took a look at things. Dealer is about 2 hours away and I'm still under warranty but I already have the coolant drained and such, so I imagine it would be pretty easy for me to do myself at this point.... I'll start looking around, but does anyone have a best price/part number handy?

2017 Audi S3 w/ 42k miles

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Update for me.... I was "slowly losing coolant", maybe top it off every month just to be safe. Mid intercooler install and took a look at things. Dealer is about 2 hours away and I'm still under warranty but I already have the coolant drained and such, so I imagine it would be pretty easy for me to do myself at this point.... I'll start looking around, but does anyone have a best price/part number handy?

2017 Audi S3 w/ 42k miles

Since you're under warranty why spend your money?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
dealer 2 hours away, and time is money. I got a recall done recently though and their 'fix' made the issue worse, so maybe I ought to make a trip out anyways I guess.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
dealer 2 hours away, and time is money. I got a recall done recently though and their 'fix' made the issue worse, so maybe I ought to make a trip out anyways I guess.

What was the recall for?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Audi--passenger airbag light goes on and off. I think it's something to do with a connector on the bottom of the seat for the weight sensor. It kind of comes and goes but when it's there it's like constant alarms on the dash, super annoying.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Audi--passenger airbag light goes on and off. I think it's something to do with a connector on the bottom of the seat for the weight sensor. It kind of comes and goes but when it's there it's like constant alarms on the dash, super annoying.

No other dealership options closer to you? I’d think any VW/Audi dealer could do this repair for you since it’s the same parts.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
VW same distance. Going to try and plan a day a can drop it off and go see star wars while it's being fixed :-D

GTI_JAV

Is this now been put out as a recall, you really don't expect problems like this especially given people are shelling out their hard earned dosh on VW

Is the mk 7.5 also affected?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Is this now been put out as a recall, you really don't expect problems like this especially given people are shelling out their hard earned dosh on VW

Is the mk 7.5 also affected?

Are you asking if this is a recall? The answer is no. They’re covering it under powertrain warranty but that’s it. Owners of other generations with similar issues have had to start class action lawsuits as a result of failures to get any satisfaction from VW outside of normal warranty period.