GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory air duct with dual cut outs

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Gotta track it first. My old track wrx’s best was 2 minutes 2 seconds. As is I have apr stage 1 and dsg tune. Intake. Exhaust. Intercooler will be on before spring. And I’ll be getting tires before spring too.

the gti isn’t very heavy, the autobahn trim is because of the sunroof but it still isn’t bad. I’m hoping for 2 minutes 20 seconds with all those mods. From there I’ll probably dive into brakes and chassis.

but if I feel I need more power, it’ll come from the is38. It just seems crazy to pay that much for like 40hp more. The gains aren’t as great since I’m keeping the downpipe stock.

the biggest thing will be the driver mod. I gotta learn how to work around the lsd lag.
Well thought out plan.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Well thought out plan.
Thnx

I’m used to tracking awd. What sucks about tracking a proper awd car is that it hides your mistakes very well. It has a way of letting u get away with stupid mistakes. You really don’t get punished at all. Iirc @jay745 tracked an sti, maybe he can put into better words what I’m trying to describe.

I’ve taken the gti on some of my favorite roads. Making a mistake punishes u so hard, you really do lose a lot of speed. But the dsg recovers a lot of that fairly quickly, I don’t want to rely on that tho. I want to find the gti’s flow. And I think it’s just learning how to work around the lsd.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
No changes. Mine says 16-18 delivery date since I'm on the west coast. I also paid the extra $16 for expedited shipping once they get it:cautious:😁.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Woah saw the ECS plastic duct. Nice looking more affordable part than the carbon jobs. I'll keep my stock unit with cutout and block off plate but this is a nice option.

Mac11FA

Car(s)
Audi A3 8V
I just got my ECS tuning part on the way!
@keehs and @jimlloyd40 hopefully you all do too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-175205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312-175205_Chrome.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 95

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Pics when installed please!