GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Facelift Due March 2016

GC854

Ready to race!
Just had the Feb!!! edition of What Car pop through my letterbox which contains a list of all new cars expected in 2016 and lists many cars which are getting facelifts. VW are facelifting the Up (New engines) and Golf. No details on the facelift but it is due in March!

As I am due to pick up mine in the second week of March I may be unlucky - or very lucky. Watch this space

J400uk

Ready to race!
This has been rumored a few times but I'm still dubious that they'd facelift the Golf, since they've never done so before. What is more likely is another round of spec improvements, probably standard leather on all GT/ R-Line and Performance models. Followed by the Mk8 for the 2018 Model Year.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
ive just had a look on auto express and they are saying end of 2016.i agree tho i think they will only be minor changes untill the mk 8 comes out.when is the mk 8 out.anyone know?ive heard end of 2018/19 but not sure.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I fear the face lift. :eek:
Well, I don't really need to fear it personally, since I've got my MK7 - but I'm not too thrilled about the facelifts I see VW doing to the Passat and Jetta.
If that's the design language VW is aiming for, I find it off target.
We'll see what winds up on the Golfs though...
They usually sidestep the rest of VW styling cues a bit.
Please, no mutton chops.

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
2016 had a pretty big update with MIB II. Frankly I think they got it mostly right and should probably leave it alone until the mk8. Mk8 should continue the weight loss and go aluminum engine block, hood, and control arms. Maybe twin scroll turbo but I don't know the current simple one doesn't seem to lag, probably the R needs the twin scroll.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Has there been any precedence for face-lifts in previous generation Golfs? I can't recall any.

The entire MK6 generation was kinda just an overextended "Facelift" of the MK5. The 2012-2014 MK6's had 15 LEDs in the Xenon housings for Autobahns. That's about all I can say lol.

That said, that's likely all the MK8 will be. The MQB is great.

ismile

Ready to race!
This does kinda seem odd as they have technically just done a facelift.

This list says nothing about the Golf:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/coming-soon-cars-new-models-2016/1206442

and this article talks about a facelift in late 2016:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...gen-golf-facelift-to-get-gesture-control-tech

The last link would be dangerously close to a MK8 launch in 2017/18. However VW did it's last update at the end of 2015, so I guess that would make sense (a year on).

Cant find anything on a March 16 update... This would annoy a lot of people, as many are awaiting delivery of a Golf ordered just after the last facelift including you GC854! While your expecting delivery in March your car will be built in January, so you'll miss out on any March 16 updates.

GC854

Ready to race!
This does kinda seem odd as they have technically just done a facelift.

This list says nothing about the Golf:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/coming-soon-cars-new-models-2016/1206442

and this article talks about a facelift in late 2016:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...gen-golf-facelift-to-get-gesture-control-tech

The last link would be dangerously close to a MK8 launch in 2017/18. However VW did it's last update at the end of 2015, so I guess that would make sense (a year on).

Cant find anything on a March 16 update... This would annoy a lot of people, as many are awaiting delivery of a Golf ordered just after the last facelift including you GC854! While your expecting delivery in March your car will be built in January, so you'll miss out on any March 16 updates.
i

Yeah, your absolutely right. Any update/facelift is going to upset some but please others who get a good discount on an older version bought from stock. The What Car report is in the magazine but not the website. I have it delivered before it goes on general release. In Febs edition they have majored on new cars and changes for 2016. Of course who is to say whether the report is accurate!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
They are probably confusing a facelift with the Club-sport.

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
If it gets that giant touchscreen that'll be pretty cool but if it loses the volume knob that will suck imho. I do think the gauges replaced with a configurable screen would be nice, won't due me any good though as I just bought mine 3 weeks ago.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Golf MkII got a facelift with bigger bumpers.
Already reported elsewhere, inc car mags, that MkVIII will be out late 2016. 4 year cycle would follow MkVI 2009 - 2013.

GC854

Ready to race!
ooops Sorry -Mis Read the page!!!

Sorry folks I messed up here and set hares running. The magazine reads:

Alfa Guileta Summer
List of various cars Date
Seat Leon. Late 2016
Soda Roomster Summer
Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer
March
VW Golf Facelift
Late 2016
Safire Sports
Late 2016

The dates are in red and at the end of the line until the Astra. I read 'March... Golf' sorry again. Those of us who are looking for delivery early in the year can rest easy!!