GOLFMKV

F**K ECS & Maxton Design!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Eh, whatever... Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. I'll just buy another one.
Buy another one, get another crack. You're supposed to learn your lesson the first time from buying bottom shelf parts.
Do it right and buy a Dutch Parts splitter.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
As pointed out this is very common on Maxton lips. I think ECS did everything they should have, being 5-months old you should in fact go to the manufacturer. Same thing if you bought a TV from Amazon.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
The worst part is maxton is the only company that has a splitter design i like but i don't wanna deal with them

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
If you want to try and repair it, I'll give you mine for free once I get it replaced.
I'd be down. Just let me know if you don't mind holding on to it possibly since i know my dad wont cross the tunnel and i'll be heading back to school for a month or two before i get a break again

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have a Maxton V2. I was a bit surprised when I got it at how brittle it felt. It's basically hard plastic. I've had mine for about two years now...the bottom is all scraped up...but the spoiler itself till looks good. I did hit one of those ratcheting tie down straps going 80mph. Thought the lip was gone...it was still there...just scuffed up. Unfortunately being made of hard plastic...if you're going fast enough or the object that hits the lip is hard enough...its going to break. If mine ever breaks in the same fashion...I'll just get the Aerofabb V2.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
And no one ever gives the Dutch Parts Spliiter any love.

I drove into a puddle that was deep and the lower half of the trim, part of the fender liner and splitter tore off.

To make matters worse I drove over the splitter and the part of the fender liner that was pulled out along with it.

Drove over it as in drove over it and it came out the back under the car... all 4 wheels.

I got a new mounting hardware kit from Dutch and a new OEM fender liner and it all bolted back up.

Its crazy durable.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
OP name explains everything... This is the main reason I usually don't do aftermarket body add ons. Most of them are non fitting pieces of shit!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.