GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust without DSG Farts

iamonthatloud

Picking up a new 2019 R and going to be modding right away, but really hate the DSG farts most exhausts on youtube seem to present. Is there anyway to avoid that all together with any cat backs out there? The stock exhaust is too quiet, but it seems like most aftermarkets are too loud, any middle ground?

Thanks everyone :) Appreciate taking your time to read!

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
But the DQ381 7spd is different and is not at all as farty as the DQ250 even with turboback exhaust.

That's also not a really good comparison, when in launch control it's not supposed to do the "fart" and in normal driving they weren't going anywhere near fast enough/shifting high enough

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
But the DQ381 7spd is different and is not at all as farty as the DQ250 even with turboback exhaust.

Launch mode WOT is different from just nailing the throttle from the jump. It slips the clutches between gears and sounds like a slush box transmission when launching the car.

If you just floor it from a stop sign or on the highway you'll still get "DSG farts".

Leaning towards APR or scorpion after some very basic searching
What exactly are you looking for sound wise? APR is pretty loud. Milltek is probably a happy medium loudness wise.

I haven't heard the scorpion on a MK7 in person yet, but a good friend mine has a scorpion exhaust on his mk6.

Exhausts that I've heard in person on the MK7 R so far...
Remus, Milltek, APR, Magnaflow, and Racing Line (basically a lightly modded Milltek exhaust).

My favorite two are the Remus and Milltek. When resonated there's very little to no drone. When non resonated, they are still not that bad from a drone perspective ?

iamonthatloud

Launch mode WOT is different from just nailing the throttle from the jump. It slips the clutches between gears and sounds like a slush box transmission when launching the car.

If you just floor it from a stop sign or on the highway you'll still get "DSG farts".

What exactly are you looking for sound wise? APR is pretty loud. Milltek is probably a happy medium loudness wise.

I haven't heard the scorpion on a MK7 in person yet, but a good friend mine has a scorpion exhaust on his mk6.

Exhausts that I've heard in person on the MK7 R so far...
Remus, Milltek, APR, Magnaflow, and Racing Line (basically a lightly modded Milltek exhaust).

My favorite two are the Remus and Milltek. When resonated there's very little to no drone. When non resonated, they are still not that bad from a drone perspective ?
I might just go with the APR downpipe when I am stage 2 and be done with it. I dont want loud just functional.