GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust suggestions - no drone, deep

becker97

Car(s)
Golf R MK7
Hi everyone!

First post here, apologies in advance if this is the incorrect place.

I am trying to search for an exhaust system or modification (muffler or resonator delete) to make my MK7 GTI sound a bit louder and sporty, not overly loud, with minimal to no drone. It is a DSG with PP.

I saw a few good ones on Youtube but they seem extremely loud and my goal is to make it sound deeper and sporty, louder when I want it to be. Also, I would prefer catted over catless. And I do not plan on getting a tune, at least not anytime soon.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Any suggestions?
Look through the exhaust section of the forum, there are hundreds of threads that answer this exact question

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Run the stock downpipe with most any catback and you should be fine. If going with an aftermarket downpipe run any catback and add a resonator in the mid pipe and you should be fine.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
OEM CSS (2015-17) or TCR (2018-21) Axleback if all you want is sound.

If you want something more I can help, but most catbacks for this platform are very poorly built.

No need to do a aftermarket downpipe if you’re not interested in adding power, but if you do fancy one I’m building the only option that’s CEL free.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
OEM CSS (2015-17) or TCR (2018-21) Axleback if all you want is sound.

If you want something more I can help, but most catbacks for this platform are very poorly built.

No need to do a aftermarket downpipe if you’re not interested in adding power, but if you do fancy one I’m building the only option that’s CEL free.

I also recommend clubsport s resonator.
They have more perforations but at the same time pipe diameter inside resonator is 70mm not 65mm as Oem resonator.
It makes a deep and nice tone to a tcr muffler and the farts are deeper similar to remus aga .

I discovered this playing with a gti exhaust and a regular clubsport exhuast that have a 55mm restrictor

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have yet to come across a catback that doesn't sound raspy. With a downpipe...its loud and raspy. I'm running a catted downpipe with a stock exhaust. To me...that's loud enough. Its quiet when cruising around...but when you get on the gas...it's noticeably louder and the DSG farts are more pronounced.

Here it is at cold start. At around 40 seconds the noise level will go down to about stock.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I have yet to come across a catback that doesn't sound raspy. With a downpipe...its loud and raspy. I'm running a catted downpipe with a stock exhaust. To me...that's loud enough. Its quiet when cruising around...but when you get on the gas...it's noticeably louder and the DSG farts are more pronounced.

Agreed. With the Vortex—>4” custom catted dp—> Jake recommended vibrant 17950—>res delete—>stock R exhaust mine is about as good as it’s going to get. (Which still kinda sucks!) that 17950 definitely deepen the tone just like Jake indicated it would.