GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Modifications ?

Glev

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just bought myself a 2015 GTI yesterday love the car but want a little more out of the exhaust, any recommendations that won’t break the bank and make it sound that little bit better ?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
A muffler delete or cheap cat-back exhaust will work. Ask your local muffler shop or try ebay.
There are tons of options for cat-backs but most aren't cheap.

Glev

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Thought about a muffler delete but they sounds so raspy and that droning would drive me mad lol, but thanks for the reply 👍🏻

scrllock

Autocross Champion
rasp and drone are mostly from resonator/cat deletes (cats sort of function as a resonator as well). if you keep the stock downpipe you can probably get away with a muffler delete, but don't be surprised when you go back to the exhaust shop for something else later.

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
OE DP + Resonator delete + CSS rear muffler = *chef's kiss*

Looks factory (because it technically is...just larger tips), sounds factory with the volume turned up a fair amount.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...st-tech-how-to-get-the-sound-you-want.345407/

Worth reading. Personally, I went with the CTS cat-back and haven't had any issues. However, I'm going to be doing a downpipe before too long and plan to go with a Baun Performance catted unit and the resonator setup mentioned in the thread above. The CTS exhaust on it's own is definitely not overly loud, and IMO doesn't have a raspy quality to it.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
If you don't plan on changing the factory downpipe, an OEM CSS muffler is a great modification. Factory quality, no drone, very nice tone. Mine took a few thousand miles to really break in. Had it installed almost 2 years ago and I still enjoy hearing it.

It does have some gurgle and whatnot on cold starts, but nothing obnoxious.