GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

exhaust and AFRs

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Just put on an AWE touring exhaust on my car and noticed on my logging that the AFRs are a few points richer. Is this normal and is it something that the ecu will eventually adapt to?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey guys,

Just put on an AWE touring exhaust on my car and noticed on my logging that the AFRs are a few points richer. Is this normal and is it something that the ecu will eventually adapt to?

Someone will need to explain to me how running without a rear O2 sensor is good.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Someone will need to explain to me how running without a rear O2 sensor is good.

REAR o2 is there to make sure the cat is working properly it does not affect how the cars tune is set.
The main reason tunes remove it is because a high flow cat ( or no cat at all) could trigger a CEL because the readings the rear o2 would see would be high, and therefore the ecu would think the cat is faulty

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Sounds phenomenal....very refined and quiet as hell....btw i unplugged battery for half hour and all is normal again.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I know on my old ass Hondas basically exhaust always made it rich and intake leaned it out. No idea why, but how it is/was. Granted the GTI ECU is way smarter though so I'm surprised it didn't correct itself on the trims automatically.

Either way glad pulling power on the battery fixed it