GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Every Day Is A School Day

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Just the other day, James mentioned how you get the climate info to show on the touch screen, which I thought was pretty cool.

Today, by accident I learned something new. Well new to me :eek:.

As per most cars with a key, you wait for all the lights to go out, and start the car. One click at a time then finally the car starts, then you release the key.

Well on the MK 7 turn the key to start and release. The car will start its self with no need to hold the key there. I guess its linked to the stop start.

Rappy :cool:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Keyless works a similar way (assuming the car is still where you left it) , you hit the button, move your hand away and then after a second or so the needles sweep and the fire lights.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Just the other day, James mentioned how you get the climate info to show on the touch screen, which I thought was pretty cool.

Today, by accident I learned something new. Well new to me :eek:.

As per most cars with a key, you wait for all the lights to go out, and start the car. One click at a time then finally the car starts, then you release the key.

Well on the MK 7 turn the key to start and release. The car will start its self with no need to hold the key there. I guess its linked to the stop start.

Rappy :cool:

What happens if the car stalls? do you have to move the key again or does it spring back to life by itself like keyless does

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Keyless works a similar way (assuming the car is still where you left it) , you hit the button, move your hand away and then after a second or so the needles sweep and the fire lights.

The same goes with keys.

Only last week my friends house got broke into. Audi A6 & Audi Q7 no more :mad::mad:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The same goes with keys.

Only last week my friends house got broke into. Audi A6 & Audi Q7 no more :mad::mad:

Yep, I don't know why there is this irrational paranoia about keyless theft?
Media hype, it used to be Audi's around here getting jacked and house breaks, a couple of years back they have turned to BMW's keyless or not.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Whilst I do worry about keyless (yes, you guessed it I have it on my GTD), I think rapport25 is right, keyless or not, if they want it - they will have it.

TBH, whilst I'd rather the car wasn't stolen, if it is, I'd rather they didn't force their way into the house to get at the keys with knives and pick axe handles etc.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Whilst I do worry about keyless (yes, you guessed it I have it on my GTD), I think rapport25 is right, keyless or not, if they want it - they will have it.

TBH, whilst I'd rather the car wasn't stolen, if it is, I'd rather they didn't force their way into the house to get at the keys with knives and pick axe handles etc.

That's true, my mate had an A4 on his drive and they broke into his house stole the keys and subsequently the car, he is a big lad, but as he said, his family's security and safety come 1st. A near neighbour her and her BF have BMW's they were parked next to each other on the road, and they stole her 1 series and left his 3 series, both cars were not keyless.

ihmix

Ready to race!
I did have a brain wave of leaving an old iPhone in the car as a tracking device. Much cheaper than the online services offered by companies and apples find my iPhone is very accurate. With most people heading towards the iPhone 6 there does seem to be a lot of people with an iPhone 4 that could be used for. Tracking. Just a thought.

Golf GTD
Pure White
Dynaudio, Winter Pack, 19" Santiago Wheels, keyless, DCC.
Order date:- 19-9-14
Bw confirmed :- 02-11-14
5b text received 07-11-14
5c text received 12-11-14
6 text received 14-11-14

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I did have a brain wave of leaving an old iPhone in the car as a tracking device. Much cheaper than the online services offered by companies and apples find my iPhone is very accurate. With most people heading towards the iPhone 6 there does seem to be a lot of people with an iPhone 4 that could be used for. Tracking. Just a thought.

Golf GTD
Pure White
Dynaudio, Winter Pack, 19" Santiago Wheels, keyless, DCC.
Order date:- 19-9-14
Bw confirmed :- 02-11-14
5b text received 07-11-14
5c text received 12-11-14
6 text received 14-11-14

It doesn't have to be an iphone though, one of the shopkeepers TT had gone in the night, the time they tracked it in the morning, it was already on the ferry. The thieves are not opportunitists, they are 'slick' pro thieves that steal to order, some will even follow the owners home.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion

I'm not worried about the 'apparent' issues with Keyless, as you've said if they want it they will take it. If it goes, I don't want it back as it would never be the same car it was.

ihmix

Ready to race!
It doesn't have to be an iphone though, one of the shopkeepers TT had gone in the night, the time they tracked it in the morning, it was already on the ferry. The thieves are not opportunitists, they are 'slick' pro thieves that steal to order, some will even follow the owners home.

Nice idea though. Might try my phone idea especially when I am going to some place I don't normally frequent. Knowing me I would be constantly checking my own phone making sure it had not moved. Lolll