GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
looks sick... how are they on street roads?

Thank you Navi! :)

The JRZ Pro is worth the money in my opinion. This set-up makes the KW V2 seems like a cheap knock off unit. The emphasis is really on controlling the un-sprung mass of the vehicle. On the street, it took a couple of quick turn-clicks to control the dampening and rebound of the car. I notice that the JRZ's by default are squishy and bouncy. After turning twice counter-clockwise on rebound they felt absolutely perfect.

I love the feel of entering and exiting turns. It feels like it will take whatever you throw it's way without an effort. The car feels balanced and level. I noticed there is no more sway, and the car feels precisely linear. Mind-you this is just with a base line alignment, can't wait to get it corner-balanced and properly aligned!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Lots of photos to follow:

Here is a thread I started regarding Camshaft Position Errors I have been getting.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54438&highlight=Camshaft+Position

Below you will see the current state of my build. Diagnosing a couple errors. Timing issues between camshaft and crankshaft.

Crossing fingers I won't need to get a new engine. This car is so far out of warranty, it's not funny.

I'll keep everyone posted with my findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
IE will do anything you want if you ship an engine to them.

Exactly, just give them a call. They are great to make custom accommodations

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
So you’re giving IE the old motor to completely rebuild? Or are you starting fresh with a new/used motor that ~hasn’t~ had a catastrophic failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New motor :)

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Have to say I admire your dedication to the 6MT MK7.

After seeing the whole thrust washer thing pop up I'm pretty much done with planning for future engine mods+clutch on my 6MT. Too risky for me. Just going to keep my car stock engine wise.

Look forward to seeing how your build comes out from IE. :D

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

After seeing the whole thrust washer thing pop up I'm pretty much done with planning for future engine mods+clutch on my 6MT. Too risky for me. Just going to keep my car stock engine wise.

Thanks brother, dedication or stupidity not sure :confused:
It's a gamble, a very expensive gamble. I love my car too much to give up on it. I've barely had a couple months to drive it. Plus Manual cars are a fading trend. I love the fact if I want to be in 3rd gear, I can put it directly in 3rd and don't have to wait for the transmission to downshift for me.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Thanks brother, dedication or stupidity not sure :confused:
It's a gamble, a very expensive gamble. I love my car too much to give up on it. I've barely had a couple months to drive it. Plus Manual cars are a fading trend. I love the fact if I want to be in 3rd gear, I can put it directly in 3rd and don't have to wait for the transmission to downshift for me.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress!

Your worries can be put to rest once you get that IE block put in.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

I think most of the popped stage 3+ cars are manual trans as well coincidentally