GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
For 2k, you could look at piecing together a TTRS brake setup, 340mm rotors of your choice, and then swap up to the performance pack rear setup. If you want to stay oem, of course. Alternatively, save some bones, get the porsche boxster caliper adapters, run on 312 rotors as is with a great selection of pads out there.

Really awesome suggestions!! Love the idea of Porsche Calipers with Endless Pads~! Thanks for the suggestions!! I really appreciate it~!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
2k opens up a lot of possibilities. As Sprinks said, TTRS is a good choice w/ the PP 340mm rotor. Check out Vagbremtechnic as they have a few kits. The stoptech ST-40 is also something to consider.

oo00 I'll be sure to check out Vagbremtechnic~ I'm a huge fan of Stoptech as well. I ran a set on my Nissan 370z they were great for autocrossing and tracking! :D Thanks you so much man!

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Hey man! thanks for the encouragement bro~! What was your experience with the BFI Clutch? Which clutch would you recommend? Also what Downpipe are you running? Thanks in advance~
I'm running a CTS turbo downpipe with a cat. It sounds really nice but there is some drone. I don't daily my car so it doesn't bother me much. It does drown out my wife nattering at me. Lol
The BFI clutch in my opinion after about 5,000 km of use is an underwhelming item. The clutch pedal is really stiff (expected). The chatter is nuts (expected). Occasionally it doesn't engage at higher rpm's. It stutters off the line sometimes vibrating the entire car. It hasn't slipped which is good and when engaged it really puts the power down which makes for wild rolling 2nd gear burnouts with the LSD. I couldn't recommend another clutch because I haven't used another. I'd say run it just do the other small mods to your clutch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I'm running a CTS turbo downpipe with a cat. It sounds really nice but there is some drone. I don't daily my car so it doesn't bother me much. It does drown out my wife nattering at me. Lol
The BFI clutch in my opinion after about 5,000 km of use is an underwhelming item. The clutch pedal is really stiff (expected). The chatter is nuts (expected). Occasionally it doesn't engage at higher rpm's. It stutters off the line sometimes vibrating the entire car. It hasn't slipped which is good and when engaged it really puts the power down which makes for wild rolling 2nd gear burnouts with the LSD. I couldn't recommend another clutch because I haven't used another. I'd say run it just do the other small mods to your clutch.

This is the information I was looking for! Pure honesty. I'm happy to get your feedback about the BFI. I'm looking to upgrade to the Golf R Turbo, and was also looking at the CTS downpipe or Cobb. I'm so happy there are awesome guys on here like you to guide me in the right direction since I'm new to the Mk7. I'll keep you all posted as I start installing eveything!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Just recieved my Enkei's They are RS05RR 18x8.5 +45's~! I can't wait to mount them up!!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Wheels installed, next up hub centric, and kw v2 installation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Just purchased the is38 golf R turbo upgrade kit, CTS turbo down pipe, and I’m thinking of pairing it with the unitronic turbo software tune. Next upgrade will be Stoptech brakes. Still doing more research if I want to do the stop techs or TTRS brakes.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Looking great so far! Liking the wheel and paint color combo.

I've had my eye on the 328mm ST-40 BBK. Let me know which you decide on.

Thank you Tpellegr! I really appreciate it. I've actually been looking at the same Stoptech kit with the Slotted instead of cross-drilled option. I'd love to run the silver caliber. I'll keep you posted when I've made my decision.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I'm impressed. I think your car is going the same way as mine. I'll post a build thread soon so we can compare notes.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I'm impressed. I think your car is going the same way as mine. I'll post a build thread soon so we can compare notes.

sweet Square1 I'd love to compare notes! It's great to see what everyone is doing with their cars! I'm pricing out the Stoptechs right now. I'll let you know what I decide on! thanks for stopping by man!!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

The is38 golf r/s3 turbo has arrived along with my downpipe and stage 3 clutch. More picks coming soon!