GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Blind Spot (Aspherical) Mirror Set

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
My e-Acca order arrived today. Here are the pics:

It's tricky to get a feel for the right side as the view is mostly of shrubbery but it does offer a bit more view. It's going to take me a while to get used to driving with aspherical glass again (my Mk3 has projektzwo mirrors that have the blue tinted version).

How do you know what mirrors to order for '17 sport? doesn't have heated mirrors

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
When I installed these a month ago, the blind spot monitors worked fine, but last week they stopped working. The indicators don’t illuminate on startup and the sensors don’t seem to activate the indicators.

What could be the issue? Did I not seat one or both connectors properly? Would one bad connection cause both indicators to stop working?

If I bring it to VW under warranty, will I be charged because I replaced the mirrors? (Makes sense if so.)

The mirrors make a HUGE difference, if anyone is on the fence. They have improved my driving experience/confidence considerably.

Help appreciated.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
When I installed these a month ago, the blind spot monitors worked fine, but last week they stopped working. The indicators don’t illuminate on startup and the sensors don’t seem to activate the indicators.

What could be the issue? Did I not seat one or both connectors properly? Would one bad connection cause both indicators to stop working?

If I bring it to VW under warranty, will I be charged because I replaced the mirrors? (Makes sense if so.)

The mirrors make a HUGE difference, if anyone is on the fence. They have improved my driving experience/confidence considerably.

Help appreciated.

Did you keep the originals? If so, just swap them back in and see if the issue disappears. I suspect it's a separate issue, not caused by your mirrors.

And I completely agree, the aspherical mirrors have been a game changer for me.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
If it’s a loose BSM wire connection to the mirror you will get an error on the dash. This happened to me when I was doing this install. I had to push that wire onto the mirror back more securely.

Are you sure that you have BSM enabled?

Last edited:

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
If it’s a loose BSM wire connection to the mirror you will get an error on the dash. This happened to me when I was doing this install. I had to push that wire onto the mirror back more securely.

One side shouldn’t affect the other.

Are you sure that you have BSM enabled?

I got an error a couple weeks ago, but it went away. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I got an error a couple weeks ago, but it went away. Is that normal?

I wouldn’t say normal. But would be a good idea to check those connections.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Blind spot monitoring was off. Go figure! Thanks as always guys.

Lol. Well good on you for admitting to it. Glad you figured it out

WetMacula

I'd like to order aspherical mirrors for a NAR LHD 2017 R with BSM.

ACCA recommends 5G0857521M (LHD) and 5G0857522M (RHD) but 522M from the list in this thread shows RHD convex?

I'm confused. Seems like the OEM setup is planar left and convex right. My biggest complaint is lack of visibility on the driver side. Any harm in getting aspherical for both sides? Is ACCA's recommendation correct? She attached a photo that shows the dotted line and BSM LED on both mirrors.

:confused:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
E-acca (Natalja) is recommending the Euro LHD mirror configs. I went with this and now that I have become used to it, I wouldn’t want to switch back. Mirrors on my wife’s car seem “off”.

That said, I don’t see any harm in going aspherical on both sides.

WetMacula

What is the standard EURO LHD configuration?...aspherical left and convex right?

So which part number is right, aspherical, bsm?

Has anyone compared right side convex vs aspherical?

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Most of what you’re asking is answered in this thread. For example, post #68.

Google will pull up some pics of aspherical vs convex. I recall seeing at least 1 person on the forums posting pics.

Not sure what the BSM aspherical right mirror PN is.