GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Blind Spot (Aspherical) Mirror Set

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
They made me sick...out. Somehow I've managed for the last 34 years driving with flat mirrors and adjusting them correctly (far enough outward to see without a blind spot). Just couldn't get used to them here.

I'll be honest, they did seem really weird at first... maybe for a week. My wife felt the same. Then we got used to it and now it seems perfectly normal. Kind of like when you get new glasses and your eyes need a day or two to get used to them. But yeah I get it.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
They made me sick...out. Somehow I've managed for the last 34 years driving with flat mirrors and adjusting them correctly (far enough outward to see without a blind spot). Just couldn't get used to them here.
My experience as well. Had them on for two weeks, then sold them and went back to stock. Most people don't adjust planar mirrors out far enough.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My experience as well. Had them on for two weeks, then sold them and went back to stock. Most people don't adjust planar mirrors out far enough.
100%. I tried....but yeah...about a week and sold them.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Just ordered a driver side aspherical non bsm from Latvia! Does e-acca still ship to the US? Site wasnt letting me so I ended up just getting an oem one off ebay.
they do. you just add to cart and check out. support will reach out to you to confirm shipping address and then add the shipping cost. then you pay the total. I've ordered other items from them no problem. just takes a while to get to you since they have to ship from warehouse in latvia

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
I may have commented on this thread already (years ago) but I will just add that I swapped out the US-spec mirrors for the EU Ashpericals, both driver's and passenger's sides, and it's probably one of the best safety improvement bang-for-the-buck bargains out there... the US requirement for planar mirrors caters to dumb Americans who can't understand that a convex shaped mirror will make things look farther away than they are, but ends up making the mirrors more dangerous because of the restricted field of view. And I just love the aspherical decreasing-radius aft of the dotted line. It practically eliminates the blind spot. I don't think I could ever go back to stock.
what part numbers for both driver/passenger aspherical? I have bsm and defroster.