GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Warfe-Motorsports

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 MQB
Okay, question for the more knowledgeable here.

I have a tune from Railroader (GLSPerformance - strongly recommend him), and the car runs great (15-A3 MPI/brushless/TPC20v1). The only real problem I'm having is Launch Control. If I hold the LC for more than 4-5 seconds, I immediately throw a CEL and it shows random multiple misfires. I do semi-regularly track my car (dragstrip), and having a run die before i can even take off is a hell of a mood killer. Curious what peoples thoughts on this might be.

Still checking in periodically hoping Chris will bless us with FlexFuel options one day.
So with my A3 you can only use fuel cut for launch control options. Spark cut will trigger p03xx multiple misfire and usually a cylinder shutdown. It sucks and i cant spool my bigass turbo so i understand the frustration.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
let me start by saying I am a complete dope with tuning, but, IIRC the TCU LC must be set to a higher rpm than what you want to run if you are using the maestro ecu LC.
I am sure I am incorrect but I don;t know why I have this stuck in my head.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Sort of necroing this thread... lol Seems like ED isnt as popular anymore. Got around to flashing the stage 2 adjustable file for my GTI. I had the ED 91 Octane Stage 2 prior to this and I was noticing timing pull across the board -5 deg at times. I changed the adjustable slider to 90 octane and 21 psi and was only getting -2.25 max timing pull on a 3rd gear pull so I think ill keep it at this for a while.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Sort of necroing this thread... lol Seems like ED isnt as popular anymore. Got around to flashing the stage 2 adjustable file for my GTI. I had the ED 91 Octane Stage 2 prior to this and I was noticing timing pull across the board -5 deg at times. I changed the adjustable slider to 90 octane and 21 psi and was only getting -2.25 max timing pull on a 3rd gear pull so I think ill keep it at this for a while.
You might try throwing a couple of gallons of ethanol in the tank and see if that helps to clean up some of that timing pull.

But yeah, if you haven't checked out OS and simostools you should. It's way better than Eurodyne IMO (and Cobb too). This coming from the guy who went down the path of JB4/Cobb/Eurodyne and now OS.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
You might try throwing a couple of gallons of ethanol in the tank and see if that helps to clean up some of that timing pull.

But yeah, if you haven't checked out OS and simostools you should. It's way better than Eurodyne IMO (and Cobb too). This coming from the guy who went down the path of JB4/Cobb/Eurodyne and now OS.

Yeah im really out of the loop on this new open source stuff you guys are on now. What cable/dongle is needed?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Don't get hung up in the "octane" slider numbers. Log it, pick a reasonable boost level you like, then just adjust the slider so it doesn't knock. Post up a log.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Last edited:

__0_

Car(s)
GTI
When we say 'timing pull' are we referring to the 'ignition timing cyl 1' section of the logs from the powertap air? I just started logging today, getting numbers as low as -22.something and am worried something is off. (If anyone could be generous and help me out with an explanation here it would be much appreciated as searching 'ignition timing' in the forum isn't coming up with much - I'm assuming timing pull is when this number goes negative.) Also hit -4.something knock on a couple cylinders but this cleared up with lowering boost on the 1.5 adjustable file. No idea what I'm doing so ended up switching boost down to 22PSI, octane 91 to stay safe, using Shell 93.

Attachments

• 26PSI.png
    26PSI.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 24PSI.png
    24PSI.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 37

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
When we say 'timing pull' are we referring to the 'ignition timing cyl 1' section of the logs from the powertap air? I just started logging today, getting numbers as low as -22.something and am worried something is off. (If anyone could be generous and help me out with an explanation here it would be much appreciated as searching 'ignition timing' in the forum isn't coming up with much - I'm assuming timing pull is when this number goes negative.) Also hit -4.something knock on a couple cylinders but this cleared up with lowering boost on the 1.5 adjustable file. No idea what I'm doing so ended up switching boost down to 22PSI, octane 91 to stay safe, using Shell 93.

Ignition Timing Cylinder 1 is "Timing Advance", timing pull is "Knock Retard Cylinder #". Your Ignition Timing 1 number is derived by taking the ECU programmed ignition value, then subtracting the knock values.

__0_

Car(s)
GTI
Ignition Timing Cylinder 1 is "Timing Advance", timing pull is "Knock Retard Cylinder #". Your Ignition Timing 1 number is derived by taking the ECU programmed ignition value, then subtracting the knock values.
Thank you. I found another eurodyne log comparison thread that was saying you want positive timing advance, especially under WOT. Seems like car didn't like being run at 26 PSI? I've done another couple logs at 24 and timing advance stays positive under WOT with the exception of shifting/abruptly lifting throttle. Downpipe going in today, am going to try to keep boost fairly low until I can get my hands on an IC.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I flashed the Eurodyne Stage 1 dsg tcu file last night. Also wanted to try the high torque file so I flashed the Stage 2 hi torque 91 octane v1.2 file as well. The difference in power was pretty significant. My boost gauge was showing 25psi. I ran one 3rd gear log up to 6k and saw it pulled quite of timing. Currently I have a twintercooler, downpipe & stock intake. I like dsg tune a lot but I wish it would shift into 3rd and 4th a few mph sooner. I should note the car only has Casey's 91 octane in it no e85, idk if they are even top tier so ill have to try another station and run some more logs. Is there an adjustable version of the high torque files?

https://datazap.me/u/budgetphoenix/log-1694658109?log=0&data=1

n0ferz

Car(s)
MQB
I just flashed stage3 tcu 738R and when trying to do a lc the car is only building 1-2psi.

Is this file configurable to adjust the psi that builds when doing lc? Car is Audi S3 with Vortex XL turbo

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I have not done it but im pretty sure you need maestro and need to edit your ecu file to set up LC. Steps are probably in this thread somewhere lol

n0ferz

Car(s)
MQB
I have not done it but im pretty sure you need maestro and need to edit your ecu file to set up LC. Steps are probably in this thread somewhere lol
Yea, I have tried the 3 different settings in LC and still the car won't build any boost past 1-3psi and before with the stock is38 and stage2 tcu file I saw the car build 5-6psi and launch hard.