The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
Reactions: ATR

Blueisfaster

Car(s)
15 autobahn dsg
Hey guys been reading through this thread lots of good info! I have a question for the pros here.. currently running ie v2 intake ie turbo inlet pipe and maperformance dp. Ran stage 1.5 for a long time with no issues. Finally put the dp on and flashed to stage 2 93 high torque and not too happy. It seems as though the boost is being called for too early and fast (if that makes sense) when in normal mode if I step into it a little bit like when you gradually speed up to pass someone the car goes into Hannibal lecter mode (boost surge) and doesnā€™t stop until I let off the gas. Now if Iā€™m paddle shifting or in sport mode and driving hard itā€™s not a problem and doesnā€™t happen nearly as much but itā€™s really ruined it when just driving around in the ā€œnormalā€ setting. Flashed to the adjustable file and set to 93/24 and itā€™s much better but still pretty constant. Any ideas? Btw car has 54,000 miles and everything is in great shape no issues. Thanks for any help!!!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey guys been reading through this thread lots of good info! I have a question for the pros here.. currently running ie v2 intake ie turbo inlet pipe and maperformance dp. Ran stage 1.5 for a long time with no issues. Finally put the dp on and flashed to stage 2 93 high torque and not too happy. It seems as though the boost is being called for too early and fast (if that makes sense) when in normal mode if I step into it a little bit like when you gradually speed up to pass someone the car goes into Hannibal lecter mode (boost surge) and doesnā€™t stop until I let off the gas. Now if Iā€™m paddle shifting or in sport mode and driving hard itā€™s not a problem and doesnā€™t happen nearly as much but itā€™s really ruined it when just driving around in the ā€œnormalā€ setting. Flashed to the adjustable file and set to 93/24 and itā€™s much better but still pretty constant. Any ideas? Btw car has 54,000 miles and everything is in great shape no issues. Thanks for any help!!!

I don't know if you actually have "boost surge" or if you just need to modulate the accelerator pedal better. I don't think that you really mean boost surge but rather more acceleration than you intended in which case you'll learn how much pedal to give it. Welcome to the forum also.

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally put the dp on and flashed to stage 2 93 high torque and not too happy. It seems as though the boost is being called for too early and fast (if that makes sense) when in normal mode if I step into it a little bit like when you gradually speed up to pass someone the car goes into Hannibal lecter mode (boost surge) and doesnā€™t stop until I let off the gas.

As the previous guy said you need to modulate the throttle or put better rubber on the wheels. I'm running 235/40s and 2nd gear has just a bit of spin when getting on the throttle. The non-HT tunes were very linear. I like having the torque bump there when playing around. I'd recommend getting the DSG tune so you can get the full benefit of the ECU tune.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've been running 25psi and 93oct on my R from the OTS adjustable tune. I've noticed a few times (this only happens once in a while) when shifting from 2 -> 3 under wide open throttle and shifting at redline conditions that I sometimes get a loss in power with the traction light flashing šŸ¤”

Anyone else see anything like this? Is this maybe something built in to the tune that warns of knock?
Soooooo, found out that I had the boost set to 26 PSI and octane at 93.

Backed it down to 92 octane and left the boost alone. Did a fun run yesterday and it seems to be smoother running. However, I haven't logged it to confirm yet.

For what it's worth we have 93 octane fuel in mass supply here in Maryland. I also have access to E85 if I so desire to go that route šŸ˜

drrck

Go Kart Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
New features available for GTI / A3 (idle speed, oil pressure, knock detection thereshold, etc)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
More maps

Spark Retard at recognised knocking
-Looks like a map that defines how far to retard timing when it detects a knock event. $5 says Twist is the first one to mess with this.

idle speed
-map that defines idle speed based on oil and coolant temp. I might play with this one in the summer and see if I can't smooth out the AC on, stop and go, brutal vibes due to my hybrid puck dogbone.

oil pressure
-map for high oil pressure stage request. Now we can increase oil pressure at lower airmass to lubricate the turbo better as it is spooling. Map is blanked out though so no idea what units are or where to start :(

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
New features available for GTI / A3 (idle speed, oil pressure, knock detection thereshold, etc)

Psssh.. Old news.. 1.8s have had this for a while now. And we have pops and bangs already.

I just wanted to post this here and feel what it was like since 1.8s have been ignored for a while. haha.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Diggs24
Have you played with any of these? Not sure if thereā€™s a real benefit in adjusting some of these new tables

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Diggs24
Have you played with any of these? Not sure if thereā€™s a real benefit in adjusting some of these new tables

The knock correction table is interesting. You can make the ECU correct more or less aggressively by RPM and load. You also have a better idea of what's happening by seeing the table.