GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Driver09

I wonder why the A3 guys have such an easy time launching but S3 and R guys don't.

Ive never had a issue on stage 1.5 and stage 1 DSG. I hope it doesn't get worse on stage 2.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Ive never had a issue on stage 1.5 and stage 1 DSG. I hope it doesn't get worse on stage 2.

I had tried stage 2 DSG for a while and never noticed any benefits over stage 1. Stage 3 was a massive difference in launching, but otherwise felt the same in most driving conditions.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Hey guys, I have a 15 S3 that is on Eurodyne Stage 1.5 93 and Stage 1 DSG. Down pipe is going on next week and I plan on moving to stage 2 ECU/TCU. Have things been solid on the stage 2 tunes? Ive been on 1.5 for 1.5 years without a blip and I hope it stays that way.
Been on the Eurodyne off the shelf stage 2 tune for about a year now with no issues. 6mt here on my golf R.

I wonder why the A3 guys have such an easy time launching but S3 and R guys don't.
Longer gearing in the A3. Similar to the GTI IIRC. The golf R and S3 definitely have shorter gearing.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
The only problem I have on the ED stg 3 day tune is when in manual mode going from 1st to 2nd itll double shift up to 3rd. That's with perfect traction so it's not spinning at that point either. I've seen this problem a few times now

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have a guy with an S3 that has that exact same issue

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What did he do to prevent this? Besides get a new dsg tune of course

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Nothing yet,

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
The only problem I have on the ED stg 3 day tune is when in manual mode going from 1st to 2nd itll double shift up to 3rd. That's with perfect traction so it's not spinning at that point either. I've seen this problem a few times now

I guess i get this too, but i've learned to let it automatically make the 1-2 shift.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
That's basically what I do. I launch in S mode and put it in manual after 2nd gear. Kinda would like to be able to do a regular M1 to M2 shift but doesnt seem like they care to fix this.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Only times I had issues with the Stg3 DSG it ended up being my tires. Cut a 1.61 60’ using it in my A3. Can’t complain.

I launch in M and let it shift itself.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Theres no wheel spin happening here that is audible. On your slicks setup, are you trying to shift from M1 to M2? Is it still happening with traction?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I let it shift its-self the whole run. Think my best 60’ on street tires was a 1.72.

I initially had a problem where it would short shift out of 1st and would feel the rpms drop, then added new tires and it stopped. Revs out 1st to redline and a smooth shift to 2nd.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Mine is fine if I let it shift itself in S mode so I guess I'll just drive it that way until cobb gets some A3 action or I move on to a ttrs

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I came so close to a TTRS. Got the approval from the wife and found a white/black optics for 8k under MSRP. Loved the car, but the more I sat on it I couldn’t justify spending that much right now. (Was atleast 5-6 months ago) Not saying it’s not worth it at all though. Love them.