GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Pull both files off the server. Open IS20 file. Export the IS20 tables. Open MPI file. Import tables to MPI file for each appropriate table. Adjust MPI tables per my instructions. Make sure you compare tables between the 2, I know the actuator table is different so don't overwrite that one. There may be others. If one could have 2 editors open at same time would be great, not sure if you can. Might just want to take time to go through tables and make sure parameters and axis are the same prior to export/import.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Pull both files off the server. Open IS20 file. Export the IS20 tables. Open MPI file. Import tables to MPI file for each appropriate table. Adjust MPI tables per my instructions. Make sure you compare tables between the 2, I know the actuator table is different so don't overwrite that one.

Unfortunately, I can't download the Boss500 base file until I flash the loader. But suppose I am going to need to go with the Boss 500 loader file anyways with the new tune.

Will see if I get brave and just step up and do it.

Can you flash the Maestro Loader file over your previous tune? I went Stage 2.0 ADJ -> Maestro Stage 2.0 ADJ. Never flashed the Stage 2.0ADJ loader file, but functions exactly the same.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Alright. Next question:

Is there a mythical Stage 3 DSG file with a raised rev limiter? The file currently maxes out at 6800prpm.

Was wondering if the Rev Limit table would raise the shift point (since the Stage 3 LC logic is handled on the ECU side), but changing it to 7200prpm didn't have any effect.

Last edited:

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
is anyone able to raise the redline through eurodyne? I had matt try to raise redline to 7800 rpm and he did it but it still won't rev that high. He said there must be something wrong with the tcu side.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
is anyone able to raise the redline through eurodyne? I had matt try to raise redline to 7800 rpm and he did it but it still won't rev that high. He said there must be something wrong with the tcu side.

If you put the car in neutral, it will rev that high (or at least mine revs to 7200rpm since I adjusted it).

But it still shifts at 6800rpm. But maybe you are on the "raised limit" stage 3 file already.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hoon is running out to 7900 so can’t see why it won’t for you. Wonder if this is tied to A3 vs GTI.
Idk I figured a dq250 used all the same logic. I really like the ed stg3 launch control. I was gonna switch to UM tcu to see if I can customize redline

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
If you put the car in neutral, it will rev that high (or at least mine revs to 7200rpm since I adjusted it).

But it still shifts at 6800rpm. But maybe you are on the "raised limit" stage 3 file already.
I've never tried to rev that high in neutral lol thats madness.

What is this raised limit file? I haven't heard of that. I tried emailing Tapp about it and you can imagine how that went. He told me that I cannot customize shift points on the tcu file so shift it in manual mode to 7800. I try that and it'll upshift for me at like 6900 rpm.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I've never tried to rev that high in neutral lol thats madness.

What is this raised limit file? I haven't heard of that. I tried emailing Tapp about it and you can imagine how that went. He told me that I cannot customize shift points on the tcu file so shift it in manual mode to 7800. I try that and it'll upshift for me at like 6900 rpm.

I just kicked my DSG into neutral while rolling and rev'd it. Not afraid of breaking anything for the .2 seconds I hit limiter with no load.

Apparently there is a Stage 3 DSG file with a raised rev limiter (above the standard 6800 - 6900rpm). I am unsure if it is say 8000rpm, and then you limit the revs in the ECU map. I imagine that would be how it works. It wouldn't force the shift, but hit limiter and bounce as opposed to letting you "over-rev".

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Above 6900rpm? Built motor I hope?....

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure who you're referring to but I'm built motor/built head.

Tapp replied back today after I had sent him my box code and following up. He replied in 20 minutes. Said he didn't have the bandwidth right now, but to check back in 2-3 weeks. Step in the right direction. Will give him the full 3 weeks before I bug him.

Will make sure to follow up. I am still a week out from having my turbo installed, but all other mods are in the car. Hoping fuel lines arrive before then, but not the biggest deal. A mild 91oct tune is happening first.