GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

GolfMk7R1

Oh ok. Why not go into 4th gear then if you're doing two seperate pulls in the same log / in the same gear?

I get that you're trying to reproduce the issue. But if you're going to do a pull, might as well do a 3rd to 4th gear pull to see what 4th gear looks like since it has a higher load. The two last logs are only a 3rd gear pull to redline. One has slight timing correction (without the downshift involved), the other doesn't have any timing correction.

I'm guessing you're referring to the 1st log regarding the downshift? -1.3 or even -1.5 is nothing alarming in terms of knock ...

I did shift to 4th on each of those. I slowed back down and started another pull back in 3rd. I just took out the useless rows in between before I posted it.

I'm referring to the last set of 3 logs I posted later last week. Where I let the DSG shift the gear down during the log and that resulted in a lot of corrections. Same settings, (higher octane actually) same tank of gas, nearly no corrections this week compared to last week.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Which is exactly why I think it's mechanical. Dropping from 5th at 3k into 2nd at upper 5k is going to induce quite a jolt to the drivetrain. Since the dogbone is the only mod I would start there. Make sure the dogbone bolt threads appropriately into the upper portion. Might even go ahead and replace it as I'm pretty sure it is TTY.

GolfMk7R1

Which is exactly why I think it's mechanical. Dropping from 5th at 3k into 2nd at upper 5k is going to induce quite a jolt to the drivetrain. Since the dogbone is the only mod I would start there. Make sure the dogbone bolt threads appropriately into the upper portion. Might even go ahead and replace it as I'm pretty sure it is TTY.
I've read it's torque to yield but I've also read it's reusable. For 5 dollars though not a big deal

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
Sorry to hop into the thread here but I saw someone saying over on VW Vortex that Eurodyne will be supporting the mk7 GLI. As of now there are no custom tuning options for those of us who want to go BT or hybrid. Looking at getting into an EQT turbo this summer. Is there anyone from eurodyne in this thread that could speak to that?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hop into the thread here but I saw someone saying over on VW Vortex that Eurodyne will be supporting the mk7 GLI. As of now there are no custom tuning options for those of us who want to go BT or hybrid. Looking at getting into an EQT turbo this summer. Is there anyone from eurodyne in this thread that could speak to that?
There is no "someone" at Eurodyne, it's Chris only. Send an email to support@eurodyne.ca, best if you send it around 8AM EST as he has a good chance to see it first thing and reply. I don't know how many emails he gets but it seems to be a lot, and they can get buried quickly.

GolfMk7R1

Update:

I took the dogbone out and logged the downshift from 5th to 2nd and WOT. Still getting a lot of corrections when letting the DSG downshift.
So, I flashed the DSG back to stock and went to log again. Once I did that, I put in in manual mode so I could see the gears it was downshifting to since the stock tune doesn't show the gear in D or S mode.
What I noticed is it would not downshift to 2nd in the range of speed I was going WOT (47-52ish). This leads me to believe 2nd is just the wrong gear to be shifting to at those speeds and that the DSG tune changes the TCU so that it does. Not sure if Chris should change this behavior or not. I can mitigate it by not hitting the kickdown switch at those speeds.

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
Update:

I took the dogbone out and logged the downshift from 5th to 2nd and WOT. Still getting a lot of corrections when letting the DSG downshift.
So, I flashed the DSG back to stock and went to log again. Once I did that, I put in in manual mode so I could see the gears it was downshifting to since the stock tune doesn't show the gear in D or S mode.
What I noticed is it would not downshift to 2nd in the range of speed I was going WOT (47-52ish). This leads me to believe 2nd is just the wrong gear to be shifting to at those speeds and that the DSG tune changes the TCU so that it does. Not sure if Chris should change this behavior or not. I can mitigate it by not hitting the kickdown switch at those speeds.
Real solid chance Chris won't be able to do anything about it. I'd recommend a different TCU tune personally.
In other news, I made an attempt at doing the ricer crackles and may have accidentally made rolling antilag at partial throttle lol. Undid that revision pretty quickly.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Real solid chance Chris won't be able to do anything about it. I'd recommend a different TCU tune personally.
In other news, I made an attempt at doing the ricer crackles and may have accidentally made rolling antilag at partial throttle lol. Undid that revision pretty quickly.
Haha I don’t think the ricer crackle is available other than for 2019 ECU box

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
What I noticed is it would not downshift to 2nd in the range of speed I was going WOT (47-52ish). This leads me to believe 2nd is just the wrong gear to be shifting to at those speeds and that the DSG tune changes the TCU so that it does.

At that speed in 2nd you'd be right around or just under 6000 rpm.