GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
wow, emailed me right back and asked for my VIN. I recommend anyone else having the issue email it with the request if stage 2 is not showing up.

In 5 minutes, it's up.

Way to go Eurodyne!!!

Last edited:

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
wow, emailed me right back and asked for my VIN. I recommend anyone else having the issue email it with the request if stage 2 is not showing up.

Same! Also got this back from him

"The stage 2 DSG file for your car is up now. Be sure to do the DSG adaptation procedure after loading it.
You can do the adaptation with the Eurodyne software, address 2 (auto trans), basic settings.
To do the adaptation procedure, the car must be warmed up.
Then go to diagnostics, address 2 (Auto trans), get ecu info, then click basic settings.
With the car idling in park, the parking brake set, and your foot on the brake, run through each of the procedures in the drop down."

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Hopefully this fixes a slew of underperforming cars :D

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
Have you guys had any issues with the 1st to 2nd gear shift being harder than normal(partial throttle/daily driving) after flashing the stage 2 DSG file?
Every other gear shifts smoothly except for the 1-2 shift.
I'm going to go thru the DSG adaptation process again and see if maybe that fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Mine did that before the update. Sometimes, pulling away from a stop sign in my neighborhood it would just barely chirp second. Hard to replicate, as it didn't always do it. In my neighborhood, I absolutely don't drive fast and try to keep the exhaust note fairly tame.

JSoler

Ready to race!
So after some more pulls and runs, I noticed a weird 3rd to 4th shift that the car sorta stalls and gets confused does an upshift downshift upshift. Thankfully it's REALLY quick because it scared the shit out of me it's like the car forgets which gear it needs to be in. I emailed him and he said it's mostly due to the adaptation process being completed incorrectly and to try that again. I'll do so after work tonight and report back

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JSoler

Ready to race!
So after some more pulls and runs, I noticed a weird 3rd to 4th shift that the car sorta stalls and gets confused does an upshift downshift upshift. Thankfully it's REALLY quick because it scared the shit out of me it's like the car forgets which gear it needs to be in. I emailed him and he said it's mostly due to the adaptation process being completed incorrectly and to try that again. I'll do so after work tonight and report back

Oh, and launch control is higher. Push gas down all the way, release, then press and hold again and rpm will continue to rise at 150rpm intervals from the stock rpm launch until you slightly release pressure from the gas. Upon releasing brakes and launching it keeps that rpm. It's quite nice!

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
It’s probably due to increased clamping pressure that’s why you’re feeling the gears kick harder when you shift. WOT shifts feel badass though...

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT

I had something similar happen to me last night as well. I floored it on 2nd gear(SPINFEST!!), shifted into 3rd, and attempted, twice, to go into 4th gear at around 6100rpm only to be stopped by the rev limiter. I finally kicked into Drive and it upshifted automatically.
This only happened once though and it was shortly after the adaptation. I'm thinking I didn't resist the urge to floor it long enough and messed up the adaptation process. Oops :D

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Yeah we gotta follow the Ross Tech adaptation procedure. I’m going to reset everything and do it again later on today.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Yeah we gotta follow the Ross Tech adaptation procedure. I’m going to reset everything and do it again later on today.
Just took mine out with the stage 2dsg. Didn't get adaptation done yet because car was cold. Shifts already feel more solid. Was getting more of a clunk before, now it's just a bit smoother. I did have a funky stopped at a light to movement, once. I attribute it to the adaptation I'll do when I get back home.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JSoler

Ready to race!
Just took mine out with the stage 2dsg. Didn't get adaptation done yet because car was cold. Shifts already feel more solid. Was getting more of a clunk before, now it's just a bit smoother. I did have a funky stopped at a light to movement, once. I attribute it to the adaptation I'll do when I get back home.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Make sure you do the adaptation. I just finished earlier and now it's much smoother and there is no more hesitation through 3-4 upon further research it's because 3&5 both are the "reference" gears, from 3rd the mechatronics has a programmed setting to allow an upshift and downshift to 2nd or 4th as 1st gear is only used from a stop (you can verify this by driving in manual and slowing down to allow auto downshift and you won't get to 1 until you're completely stopped.)

5th is the second reference gear as it's used to determine whether a shift to 6th or 4th is needed depending on loads and throttle.

Obviously in manual mode it doesn't make a difference, but this calibration is mainly for D and S modes. The only procedure used for manual mode is actually the synchro basic setting and the double clutch adaptation.

If you never EVER use D or S you TECHNICALLY don't need to do anything other than the synchro and clutch settings.

But to be safe I feel all is necessary.

Once I completed the settings reset though Ed diagnostics I did the vagcom drove for another hour and feel like it's MUCH better. I'll be contacting Chris again shortly to let him know it was indeed the case. Still can't get my log to load into data zap. Maybe my file is too big lol

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Here's what I adapted. Ran through each and clicked "go"

Anything I missed? I didn't do the eurodyne software dsg reset after the flash, just vcds. I figured they were redundant. LMK if I was incorrect in assuming that.