GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
No kidding?! Thank you, I'd like to have one for myself. Who's doing your tune?

Check out the Performance Rebuild thread for details - it's the only one out there for now. Very affordable at $695 for the full conversion to IS38 internals.

Frank Mabo is going to do the tune. I couldn't get the JB4 to handle it properly.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Q - I've asked that question several times in several different threads (including this one I'm pretty sure) and the best answer I've gotten is try the APR tune since they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. I've also read that you can only get UM stage 1 TCU tune unless you have their ECU tune ans stage 1 does not increase clamping pressure.

Yup that's pretty much sums up our options. I've been bitching about how much the ED TCU sucks since I installed the ED tune last year. You can use the APR TCU tune with the ED ECU tune of anyone wants to try it and report back.

If I was DSG and as fed up with the TCU tune as everyone in here seems to be, I would certainly try a different TCU tune if possible. It's obviously not that bad if none of you have tried that yet ;):p

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
So, I am the only who like ED DSG tune?
No... I actually like it too. The shifting points in D suck, but other than that, the car performs extremely well and power is very consistent. Shifts do seem to be better when I use the stick vs the paddles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Crazy, this thread has hit 1,000,000 views already...i think 500,000 is just from me :p

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Check out the Performance Rebuild thread for details - it's the only one out there for now. Very affordable at $695 for the full conversion to IS38 internals.

Frank Mabo is going to do the tune. I couldn't get the JB4 to handle it properly.

I saw that thread and I'll have to take the time to actually read it. That is extremely affordable!! I wonder if Sam can tune it? I'll ask him. Thank you!

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I saw that thread and I'll have to take the time to actually read it. That is extremely affordable!! I wonder if Sam can tune it? I'll ask him. Thank you!

He can tune anything with Maestro man... it's just going to take a few logs after logs and files after files.. it will def be worth it imho if he decides to e-tune your car.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if the power tap tool has some sort of access to the transmission temperature in the diagnostic/data-log section?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Crazy, this thread has hit 1,000,000 views already...i think 500,000 is just from me :p

lol right? It is crazy. However it is also sad, considering why this thread is so popular. There is no "APR Updates" thread or "UM Updates" thread, why? Well, because they actually provide their own updates and have some customer service, of course. lol if ED were like any other normal company, this thread wouldn't exist.

Honestly it blows my mind that he's able to run a business the way he does. I mean his website hasn't been updated in years for crying out loud. But hey, the man offers some great products/features that are very accessible... it's hard to beat being able to flash between any tune, from home, and only for the price of the original tune. On top of that, the tune rocks, and then of course there's Maestro which has seen plenty of success in the past and is seeing success now. His product speaks for itself. Gotta respect the guy for that.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
lol right? It is crazy. However it is also sad, considering why this thread is so popular. There is no "APR Updates" thread or "UM Updates" thread, why? Well, because they actually provide their own updates and have some customer service, of course. lol if ED were like any other normal company, this thread wouldn't exist.

Honestly it blows my mind that he's able to run a business the way he does. I mean his website hasn't been updated in years for crying out loud. But hey, the man offers some great products/features that are very accessible... it's hard to beat being able to flash between any tune, from home, and only for the price of the original tune. On top of that, the tune rocks, and then of course there's Maestro which has seen plenty of success in the past and is seeing success now. His product speaks for itself. Gotta respect the guy for that.

Yup, why should he work harder when were doing half the work for him? Haha I do respect him, but ill respect him more if he fixes my dsg tune.. other then that ill just have to live with it. I don't want to spend anymore money on this car. I just ordered a new set of brisk silvers and RS3 coils and that's pretty much it for now.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I have a post a few hundred pages back that was similar to this post. It's amazing how little information ED provides... Can't beat the price though!